We visited Peppers as part of our honeymoon trip around Australia. The resort is low key and the rooms are fairly simple. It is situated in beautiful grounds with a resident mob of kangaroos that come out top water in the early morning- have breakfast on the terrace.
We arranged bike hire through the hotel and cycled around a selection of the local vinyards enjoying the tastings. There is also a local cheese factory that does tours and you can buy picnic stuff from them.
We ate at Chez Poq both nights because the food and service was fantastic and we like to drink so driving was not an option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of NSW's Hunter Valley wine country, Peppers Guest House is one of the Hunter Valley's best loved retreats, offering a stylish accommodation base for exploring the region. Surrounded by beautiful gardens and overlooking vineyards this retreat offers an intimate, relaxed atmosphere, comfortable and elegant accommodation, and has a long-standing reputation for exceptionally fine food and wine at Chez Pok. Back to where it all began, Peppers Guest House is the very first property to be added to the Peppers Retreats, Resorts & Hotels collection and Hunter Valley's most famous guest house has a charming ambience that is relaxing and intimate. The retreat offers 48 deluxe accommodation rooms and suites, each tastefully furnished in a Peppers' distinctive boutique style. All rooms offer guests the following facilities LCD TV, 8 free Foxtel channels, STD/ISD direct dialing, alarm clock/radio, minibar, refrigerator, ensuite bathroom with shower (13 rooms with baths) hair dryer, tea/coffee making facilities, wireless internet access and daily housekeeping service. For those wishing to enjoy the wine-country lifestyle with a group of friends or family and require a little more space and privacy, there is an exclusive self-contained four bedroom cottage. The delightful cottage is located in a secluded position on the property and has 4 double bedrooms, lounge with open fireplace, fully equipped kitchen, wide verandahs, private swimming pool, courtyard with children's play area, 2 bathrooms and access to all property services and facilities. Peppers Guest House and the Hunter Valley region provide a variety of activity options. Peppers Guest House facilities include swimming pools, sauna, boules, tennis court and bicycles. There's also an De Vine Day Spa on-site offering signature health and beauty treatments. Guests can enjoy an exquisite menu at the on-site restaurant, Chez Pok, an iconic Hunter Valley restaurant first opened in 1984. Chez Pok offers a homely feel with a French inspired heritage, providing the perfect setting for a meal at any time of day. A romantic table for two on the outdoor terrace or a table in the conservatory overlooking the picturesque valley offers a relaxing dining experience. Chez Pok is open for breakfast and dinner daily and lunch Friday to Sunday and welcomes guests, locals and out of town visitors alike. The many delights of the Hunter Valley are also moments away - winery tours, hot air ballooning, cheese tasting, golf, horse and camel riding, carriage rides, sky diving, 4WD tours to name a few. Peppers Guest House redefined the traditional weekend experience when it opened in 1984 and continues to entice guests to return year after year. Please note that all bookings made over the internet are non-refundable and non-transferable. 100% Pre-payment will be taken as per policy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Peppers Guest House, Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Guest House, Hunter Valley Hotel Pokolbin
- Peppers Guest House, Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin