Admittedly I booked this only about 3 weeks before travel so it was kinda last minute.
Particularly because the wine country is always fully booked over the weekends plus they had Opera in the Vineyards happening.
Upon Check in, front desk pointed us in the completely opposite direction to our room (we did check in about 10pm though so got night staff).
As soon as we walked in I did feel like we got one of the last available rooms left.
The hotel is a historical building but rooms felt small, claustrophobic and very dated. TV didn't work.....at all. Handle of the shower came off when I showered.
The staff were all very nice and breakfast was great for a little boutique hotel.
Probably would have preferred Spicers Estate for something special or Crowne Plaza (been the before)
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Guest House, Hunter Valley Hotel
- Peppers Guest House, Hunter Valley Hotel Pokolbin
- Peppers Guest House, Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of NSW's Hunter Valley wine country, Peppers Guest House is one of the Hunter Valley's best loved retreats, offering a stylish accommodation base for exploring the region. Surrounded by beautiful gardens and overlooking vineyards, its intimate, relaxed atmosphere, the comfort and elegance of its hotel accommodation, and a long-standing reputation for exceptionally fine food and wine at Chez Pok restaurant, ensure that guests return to Peppers Guest House year after year. 24 hour reception available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz and Venere so you can book your Peppers Guest House, Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.