My husband and I returned to the Hunter last weekend and even though we wanted to stay at Tower Lodge again, it was booked out so they suggested that we stay at their sister property The Convent.
It is a Peppers place that is just past Tower and the building you see on Farmer Wants a Wife.
We arrived and were looked after by the lovely lady at the front desk. You know before you enter the front door that it is going to be a magnificent place.
We were shown to our room and right away we were relaxed.
We spent the afternoon going to a few wineries for some tastings before heading back to the Convent for a shower and relax before a pre-dinner drink and then off the Roberts for dinner. That was one of the best dinner ever.
We wandered back to the Convent and had a glass of wine on the veranda before retiring for the night.
The room was large, clean and beautifully decorated and very homely. I hate going to places where you could realistically be anywhere in the world. At this place you know you are out of the city and somewhere special.
Breakfast was fantastic as well as the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst beautiful gardens and vineyards in Australia's world famous Hunter Valley Wine Country just two hours drive from Sydney, Peppers Convent Hunter Valley offers luxury hotel accommodation and the ideal getaway for those wishing to truly indulge themselves. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Peppers Convent, Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Convent, Hunter Valley Hotel Pokolbin
- Peppers Convent Hunter Valley Pokolbin
- Peppers Convent, Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin