We stayed for the last two nights in room 14 and loved the old building and the personal service. Having said this, despite the cost of the stay, this was more in line with B&B style accommodation. The room could have been cleaner and looked in need of a bit of TLC (broken bin in the bathroom, numerous dead flies, curtains that didn't close etc). The bed is categorically the most uncomfortable I have ever slept on. I have never suffered from a bad back but it was so bad last night that I have been awake since 4am. My only guess is that in attempt to retain the authentic convent feel, they have used last century's mattresses, seemingly stuffed with horse hair and various large rocks. All joking aside, it is a real shame that we had such an uncomfortable stay. I wish I had read the reviews before I booked, hence me taking the time to write one. Please, please, please fix the bed issue. I am actually so glad to be back at home! On a positive note, Robert's restaurant was wonderful and again that service was warm and friendly. I will come back, but probably with an inflatable mattress in tow...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst beautiful gardens and vineyards in Australia's world famous Hunter Valley Wine Country just two hours drive from Sydney, Peppers Convent Hunter Valley offers luxury hotel accommodation and the ideal getaway for those wishing to truly indulge themselves. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Peppers Convent, Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Convent, Hunter Valley Hotel Pokolbin
- Peppers Convent Hunter Valley Pokolbin
- Peppers Convent, Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin