This is a popular location for business meetings and we were no different, but I intend to return for pleasure.
Our 3 bedroom villa was gorgeous, with a wonderful fireplace and amazing views over the vineyards. Despite being mostly wood the rooms were extremely soundproofed so well suited to people sharing the villa. Bathrooms are large and rooms have comfy fluffy robes.
Numerous small shuttle buses are available at a few minutes notice to transport guests to their villas, but it is also lovely to walk around the spacious grounds (but beware of random golf balls). A few friends tried the Spa and loved it while we sat on the villa balconies and enjoyed the view.
Breakfasts are wonderful but the buffet meals are a bit boring. Did not try the classy restaurant this time, but will make the effort next time. Don't pay the inflated prices for wine in the room - head off to a cellar door and buy some local produce!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Hunter Valley's picturesque hinterland surroundings, Cypress Lakes Resort by Oaks Hotels & Resorts promises a tranquil and indulgent escape, ideal for a leisurely holiday with family and friends, golfing break, memorable wedding, or unique conferencing experience. Coupling luxury, self-contained villa accommodation in one, two and three bedroom configurations with thoughtful in-room appointments and elegant furnishings, each apartment features a modern kitchen, dryer, spacious living and dining areas and private balcony overlooking the resort's verdant bushland and 18-hole championship golf course. The resort also features a selection of superior onsite leisure facilities set against an exquisite backdrop - ensuring guests can enjoy more active pursuits or simply relax in serene surroundings. Enjoy a game of tennis or golf, dine at the onsite Bodega restaurant and bar, unwind in the swimming pool and spa, work out in the fully-equipped gymnasium or Bike Hire is also available for purchase. Cypress Lakes Resort is also just a stones throw from the indulgent Golden Door Day Spa, where guests can choose from an extensive menu of pampering treatments. For all types of occasions and both short and longer stays, Cypress Lakes Resort by Oaks Hotels & Resorts is the Hunter Valleys premier resort destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Cypress Lakes Resort By Oaks Hotels & Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cypress Lakes Hotel Pokolbin
- Cypress Lakes Pokolbin
- Cypress Lake Resort
- Cypress Lakes Resort By Oaks Hotels & Resorts Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin