We stayed at Cypress Lakes during May for a car club rally.
Overall we found the villas very comfortable although they certainly were in need of a revamp.
The major disappointment was arriving with 4 days of washing from our road trip only to find there was a clothes dryer but NO washing machine!!!! I have never stayed in a 2 bedroom unit anywhere in Australia which did not have a washing machine or at the very least access to communal washing facilities. I did not appreciate having to drive 15-20 minutes away to find a laundromat!! I could not see the point of dryers because you can not put soaking wet clothes in a dryer.
I think guests should be advised of this situation on booking!
Aside from this our stay was excellent in particular due to the fabulous team of staff who were always happy, friendly and helpful despite the fact they were very busy and obviously working long hours.They made our stay very enjoyable. We also found the food to be of a very good quality. Breakfast was always great with lots of variety.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Hunter Valley's picturesque hinterland surroundings, Cypress Lakes Resort by Oaks Hotels & Resorts promises a tranquil and indulgent escape, ideal for a leisurely holiday with family and friends, golfing break, memorable wedding, or unique conferencing experience. Coupling luxury, self-contained villa accommodation in one, two and three bedroom configurations with thoughtful in-room appointments and elegant furnishings, each apartment features a modern kitchen, dryer, spacious living and dining areas and private balcony overlooking the resort's verdant bushland and 18-hole championship golf course. The resort also features a selection of superior onsite leisure facilities set against an exquisite backdrop - ensuring guests can enjoy more active pursuits or simply relax in serene surroundings. Enjoy a game of tennis or golf, dine at the onsite Bodega restaurant and bar, unwind in the swimming pool and spa, work out in the fully-equipped gymnasium or Bike Hire is also available for purchase. Cypress Lakes Resort is also just a stones throw from the indulgent Golden Door Day Spa, where guests can choose from an extensive menu of pampering treatments. For all types of occasions and both short and longer stays, Cypress Lakes Resort by Oaks Hotels & Resorts is the Hunter Valleys premier resort destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotel.de and Hotels.com so you can book your Cypress Lakes Resort By Oaks Hotels & Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cypress Lakes Hotel Pokolbin
- Cypress Lakes Pokolbin
- Cypress Lake Resort
- Cypress Lakes Resort By Oaks Hotels & Resorts Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin