“3 bedroom apartment” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cypress Lakes Resort By Oaks Hotels & Resorts

You added Cypress Lakes Resort By Oaks Hotels & Resorts to your Saves list
Cypress Lakes Resort By Oaks Hotels & Resorts
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   9 Thompsons Rd. (Cnr McDonalds & Thompsons Rd.), Pokolbin, Pokolbin, New South Wales 2320, Australia (Formerly Cypress Lakes Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Stay Longer and Save!
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Pokolbin
Sydney
“3 bedroom apartment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

The three bedroom apartment was great as there were 6 of us staying.
Everything we needed - 3 bedrooms with King beds & 2 bathrooms.
The bedrooms were all upstairs and the living room/ kitchen downstairs.
Very nice and spacious.
The buffet breakfast was very nice.
Would recommed and stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
PokolbinJulieP, Manager at Cypress Lakes Resort By Oaks Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for posting onto our TP feed. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your 3 bedroom villa. They are the most popular of our entire unit’s. It is the most flexible unit for 6 people travelling together. You can all stay together and enjoy some local produce on your deck and then retire to bed upstairs. Hope to see you again soon in the hunter.
Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Good place to use as a base although no info on hotel facilities was provided in villa or at front desk when we checked in. Rooms tidy but could do with a little technology update - small things like an ipod docking station somewhere in the villa would have been helpful. Service was friendly but very slow.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
PokolbinJulieP, Manager at Cypress Lakes Resort By Oaks Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for your posting. Our Hotel facilities guides have just been replaced and were popped into the rooms at the end of October. They are with our new branding and up to date - might I add look lovely! As the rooms go through a refurbishment they will be getting upgraded where required in the IT department but we are focusing on TV’s to digital and our WiFi capabilities first. Thank you for noting our friendly service although I am sorry it was slow for you but Thank you for mentioning it, I can pass this feedback onto our team. Looking forward to your next visit.
Sydney,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We booked 3 x 3 bed villas over Easter this year to accommodate our extended family of 16. They were side by side & we assigned one as the "Mother Ship' where we met for drinks & nibbles prior to dinner each night, one as the 'Movie' hang out where the young people met to watch DVD's & the other as the 'Quiet House' for those who wanted to escape the usual noisy escapades of such a large family ( ages 10 - 80!). Cypress Lakes was the perfect venue for us. Each villa was very well appointed & we all had delightful bushy outlooks as we were situated at the top of the resort , but the sun poured in as well making for a lovely ambience.A series of paths interlinked the whole resort so it was ideal for skateboarding/cycling around - there were a few flights of steps that we had to negotiate to get down to the restaurant for breakfast, but the oldies drove down & the rest of us used the walk as good exercise. A variety of pools dotted around the resort would suit most people & we had fun on the tennis courts too. Good buffet breakfast on site each day was included in the price. A short drive to The Hunter Valley Gardens, wineries,& great restaurants made this the perfect location to suit the whole family. Would definitely consider this venue again.

Room Tip: The villas are quite spaced out over a large area, however the resort does offer a courtesy bus arou...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
PokolbinJulieP, Manager at Cypress Lakes Resort By Oaks Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for posting this great review on our TA feed. Wow you really used the resort well. I was impressed by how you made the most of your villa’s and ensured that your mixed age family group still all had a great time. Not always the case where families get together but you have shown us all how Cypress Lakes can be used to its best potential. As you note our 3 pools means you can grab whichever one suits you and our central location is never beaten. High on the hill has some of the best views of the hunter. Truly magic and while I love my golf views too there is nothing better than looking at the Hunter Valley.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

That was the first Hunter Valley trip for me and my husband and we truly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The villa we stayed in was very nice furnished, comfortable, clean and cosy. Absolutely loved the huge bathroom with spa bath and a big balcony!
Jane at reception was extremely friendly and helpful, would love to see more staff like her in Accor hotels.
All in all that was a truly enjoyable and pleasant stay. Would recommend to everyone

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thankyou for your feedback on TA. It sounds like you had a great stay in our One Bedroom villa. All our villa’s are appointed with balconies so it does help the Hunter feel and allows you to enjoy some your local purchases with country feel. Thank you for writing about Jane – She loves getting a personal mention as do all our team. It’s important that ensure you leave as happy as you have.
Looking forward to seeing you back soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed here for a 2 day conference. I had a 2 bedroom villa all to myself, with kitchen and balcony. There is a bit of a walk to the main office, or you can hop in the shuttle bus. Lovely location. Conference facilities were excellent, overlooking the lake. Food served at the conference was good. I didn't eat in the restaurant, though some of my colleagues did and commented that the food was fairly average.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for posting this feedback on TA. I appreciate your feedback in regards to your recent conference and our villa’s. Thank you for your feedback on Bodega, it is assisting in strengthening our commitment at the Restaurant.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights last week, and while it was a lovely place it is in a need of a good old fix up.

First impressions count, and the driveway leading up to the property is a pot-holed mess that seriously needs to be fixed. Poorly lit driveway at night too. It's kind of endemic to the roads there that there's a lot of pot holes and poorly maintained roads, but this is private property, so would expect greater care to be made.

The main lobby was pretty nice, big spacious areas and decks to sit on and a pool table that had as many holes in the carpet as the driveway had. I would imagine this would be a small price to pay to fix it, but this would appear to be the way they manage the place in regards to maintenance. Buffet breakfast was offered at $22 per person per day and was a special rate, so I'm not sure how expensive it usually is. That's a bit rich for me, personally.

We stayed in a single bedroom villa, and it was quite clear that there had been two single-beds pushed together with something joining them together. The rooms themselves were reasonably appointed. There was a mini-kitchenette which had a toaster, kettle and microwave but that's it. One thing I will say, is that it was quite peaceful and quiet there.

The room we stayed in for some reason only had 2 of everything. 2 Knives, 2 Forks, 2 Spoons, 2 Teaspoons, 2 Glasses, 2 Bowls, 2 Plates etc. If you were staying with other friends and wanted to have a glass of wine or two together, they'd need to bring their own kitchen items.

There was no "Do Not Disturb" sign for ANY of the rooms that I could see, which was incredibly annoying. Twice I was awoken from a relaxing sleep by house-keeping. It's not their fault, but the lack of this sign had me constantly wondering when I was going to get woken up next. Dead-locking the door made no difference, as they could simply open the deadlock by opening the door.

I was required on the first day to call maintenance to fix the bath-tub as I had a leaking tap as soon as I stepped in the door. I would imagine anyone with ears would have heard this is the case if they actually checked out the room before I checked in (which I am not really sure if they did). The maintenance man was good, and arrived within 15 minutes and had it fixed within a further 15 minutes.

Further to this, the sheet on the top of the bed was covered in long black hairs that clearly were not mine or my wife's. Again, not sure if they check your rooms before you check in.

I didn't really pay anything to stay here, as it was included as part of a conference my wife was attending. I'd imagine though, that if I was paying, I would be more inclined to give this a 1 or a 2 out of 5 rather than the 3/5 I'm giving it. This whole trip we stayed in Mercure owned businesses, and it has seriously damaged their brand in my mind.

The best thing about this place was it's proximity in regards to all the wineries, but I'm sure there's cheaper hotels that have the same biggest upside.

Room Tip: I can only assume there are newer rooms, so maybe try head for those.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting on our Trip Advisor feed. I will look at each thing listed as best I can. Our driveway - I agree it is need of replacement and is currently in a submission process with our Community Association group to approve. Unfortunately the hotel does not own the driveway the CA does or Collective Villa owners all 304 of them need to approve it. Takes a little time as you can imagine, but certainly does not go unnoticed. Our pool table has been removed for replacement, better to not have it while damaged after some children popped some holes in the felt the week of your visit. Breakfast is normally $29.50 in your case there was a group discount for the 400 guests of your event at $22.00 per person. We were told by the Conference organiser that the group was price sensitive however, we do not like to take away from the offering in order to reduce prices further. All of our One Bedroom Villas have true King beds. Some of two bedrooms have zip beds with king bed toppers but you in the case of a one bedroom they are set up for couples. It’s great that you found it peaceful and quiet it is one of the few large properties that can boast about that. As mentioned the villa sleeps two so all the utensils are set up for 2 people – spares for guests are not a problem and available on request. No need to bring your own. In regards to the “do not disturb” sign I apologise for that being missing. It certainly should not be the case and I will get the team to check our one bedrooms to ensure all are equip. Deadlocking the door should prevent all access even by staff their keys do not override this. Thank you for your feedback on the prompt maintenance staff, we like to think that when things break we promptly action them. In regards to the hairs – totally unacceptable. The linen comes direct from the Laundry company and all rooms are checked by supervisors prior to your check-in but the staff should have noticed this when making the bed – unacceptable. I wish this was brought to our attention during your stay as I don’t understand how you could sleep in this bed for 5 nights. Please remember to communicate with our guest services team when staying at the resort good and bad feedback goes a long way to improve our business. There is nothing I can do now for this guest.
Sales & Marketing

Been to Cypress Lakes Resort By Oaks Hotels & Resorts? Share your experiences!