The villa was lovely with the best views over the valley, however lots of things were broken and needing to be repaired. The door onto the balcony wouldn't lock, the fly screen door had chunks of wood missing off it and wouldn't slide unless you picked it up, the kitchen had a broken drawer, there wasn't 4 of everything in the kitchen (only 2 wine glasses) and our bed was so hard it was like sleeping on steel plates - we only slept one night, our backs could not have suffered one more night. Breakfast on Monday morning was nice, however on Tuesday the some of the hot food served at breakfast was re-heated and burnt, so not really edible (my parents stayed for the 2 nights, we had to return to work). My husband was really looking forward to his round of golf as we had great memories when he played on our previous trip. The golf was still good but the course was not in such great condition and again needs some money spent to "spruce" it up back to it's former glory.
I have stayed at Cypress Lakes several times over the past 10 years and even held conferences there for my Company, however during this stay I noticed it is looking very tired. With such strong competition in the Hunter Valley you would think someone in management would catch on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Hunter Valley's picturesque hinterland surroundings, Cypress Lakes Resort by Oaks Hotels & Resorts promises a tranquil and indulgent escape, ideal for a leisurely holiday with family and friends, golfing break, memorable wedding, or unique conferencing experience. Coupling luxury, self-contained villa accommodation in one, two and three bedroom configurations with thoughtful in-room appointments and elegant furnishings, each apartment features a modern kitchen, dryer, spacious living and dining areas and private balcony overlooking the resort's verdant bushland and 18-hole championship golf course. The resort also features a selection of superior onsite leisure facilities set against an exquisite backdrop - ensuring guests can enjoy more active pursuits or simply relax in serene surroundings. Enjoy a game of tennis or golf, dine at the onsite Bodega restaurant and bar, unwind in the swimming pool and spa, work out in the fully-equipped gymnasium or Bike Hire is also available for purchase. Cypress Lakes Resort is also just a stones throw from the indulgent Golden Door Day Spa, where guests can choose from an extensive menu of pampering treatments. For all types of occasions and both short and longer stays, Cypress Lakes Resort by Oaks Hotels & Resorts is the Hunter Valleys premier resort destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotel.de and Hotels.com so you can book your Cypress Lakes Resort By Oaks Hotels & Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cypress Lakes Hotel Pokolbin
- Cypress Lakes Pokolbin
- Cypress Lake Resort
- Cypress Lakes Resort By Oaks Hotels & Resorts Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin