“Nice, reasonably priced restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Nice, reasonably priced restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We ate here several times while we were staying at Hunter Resort and we were impressed. The first time I had the chilli salt squid which was nice but not too exciting. The next time I had the pumpkin pizza which was incredible, and I loved it! The third (and final time) I decided to try the pepperoni pizza but I really should have stuck with the pumpkin pizza as I enjoyed that much more. However I did also have the chocolate hazelnut tart with banana ice cream which was amazing! I definitely recommend it.

The service was great. The staff are all very friendly and helpful & they were just lovely. All the prices were reasonable too, but I guess the menu just lacks a bit of variety. Some different pastas would be great.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
philiphele, Owner at San Martino, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Great feedback. Thanks!

Someplace
“It was ok.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My olives and anchovies pizza was average, but we enjoyed the wine (Margan Shiraz, I think it was) and appreciated the friendly and courteous waiting staff.

Visited July 2013
Liverpool
“The website says it has won awards? Rubbish...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Very disappointed. We ordered two hot chocolates and they forgot the spoon, sugar and napkin! Who does that?

We ordered a pizza which was dry and lacked any spice... Felt like eating dry bread with poorly cook vegetables piled on...

We ordered a pasta boscaoli which was overcooked and way too liquidy... and felt like the chicken was pre-cooked separate from the pasta...

The décor was very poor...

The only saving grace was the cheap price but I will never go again...

Visited July 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Very dissapointing - needs a chef who can cook!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Looking for good food in the Hunter? Don't bother going here. Pasta, whilst homemade, was thick and stodgy. Lamb shoulder sauce, bland, dry and unappealing, and presented terribly on the plate. Parma, easiest dish in the world to make was dry and looked as though it may have been reheated several times before being served. Chips... were ok! Our garlic mini pizza (which should have been normal sized for the price) was covered with a massive amount of tasteless cheese, couldn't taste garlic anywhere! Our waitress was lovely despite the food, so that was one plus for the night. Will not, obviously, ever return.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Don't get the pizza”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Cold uncooked pizza that was so bland a child could have made a better one. Lamb shoulder gnocchi tasted good but was lukewarm even cold in parts. Waiter kindly gave me a taste of the wine, which was not too bad. San Martino Shiraz, but my partner asked for a pint and only got a schooner which we had to advise the waiter of or he would have charged us for it.

Visited June 2013