“Can't wait to come back” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 52 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Sydney, Australia
“Can't wait to come back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our dinner here a lot, the service was awesome, the food was great and the atmosphere was perfect. Really have no complaints. Will be retuning when we're in the hunter again.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“6 Stars”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

We had a wonderful dinner at Blaxlands inn Restaurant recently with a group of friends.
I have dined here on a few occasions while I'm visiting the hunter valley & I have experienced quality service and food every visit. Our trips to the hunter valley are not complete without dropping in.
The restaurant manager, Amy took great care of us and nothing was ever to much of a hassle. The restaurant was busy and The ambience sitting outside was lovely, although I have also sat inside previously and found it pleasant.
Service to this standard is not familiar in many restaurants, sometimes even a smile is to much to ask, however from the moment u walk into the restaurant you are warmly welcomed with smiles, and given wonderful service from amy and her fellow staff.
We will definitely be returning to this little gem. Thank you to all staff for a wonderful evening and also our driver Doug who picked us up and dropped us off in their courtesy bus.

Brisbane, Australia
“A huge fan - Slightly disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I have always been a huge fan of Blaxlands Inn - I have been a few times and loved their food and always thought they had wonderful service. Also, I work in hospitality and am forever recommending Blaxlands as a great place for lunch and dinner.

Unfortunately, when I visited on a Thursday evening with some girlfriends, it had lost some of its shine. I'm not sure if it was because it wasn't the weekend and perhaps they didn't have their star performers on or maybe it was slightly too busy for the two waitresses but either way, their attitude was inconsistent and often narky.

Food was decent but expensive - I got the deep dish pie for $22.95 but that was the only thing on the plate and I'm a big veggie fan! A side portion of beans was $8.50 but I was told it was more than enough for two people so I shared with a friend. It came in a TINY bowl and was barely enough for one, let alone two! Also, it was very very oily.

One of the steaks ordered was very fatty (again expensive - $30 for steak and chips? Hmmm).
The girls who ordered the Warm Lamb Salad ($24.95) seemed happy with their meals. One of my friends ordered the salmon special which was literally just a salmon fillet and some mash - again, no vegetables - for approx $28 but she seemed happy enough. Wine was tasty - a glass of Blaxland Shiraz was $8 and I was very satisfied though I thought the piccolo of blush at $10.95 was a bit pricey.

Dessert was tasty - we had the Dark Chocolate Fondant ($11.50) which came with a small scoop of good quality ice cream and some frozen berries from the supermarket (bit of a let down). Whats wrong with making a quick coulis?

Sadly, the attitude from the older waitress upon settling the bill was terrible and left a bad taste in our mouths as we left.

It wasn't the worst but it wasn't the best either and I won't be recommending them to my customers anymore.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney
“Good Food and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

We had a group of 36 for lunch on the weekend.
Great food that was reasonably priced. Good wine list that was also reasonable.
It was a very hot day and although they couldn't fit such a group inside, it was fine sitting outside under the roof.
Only down side was that there were no burgers on the kids menu for lunch, only for dinner.
Would recommend.

Visited January 2014
Sydney
“Still outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Upmarket, professional restaurant experience. Everything was great from ambience, service, food and wine. Definitely worth a visit.

Visited January 2014