“Great food and service.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegetarian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Canberra, Australia
“Great food and service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Nice to see a good vego option in a very meaty region. Very large interesting menu we had a tasty curry and several good appetisers.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sydney
“Great Service and Fresh Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

This is truly a hidden gem in Orange. The decor is nothing special but the food and service are excellent. It offers similar fare to Bodhi in Sydney ie great fresh vegetarian and vegan dishes that even satisfed my carnivorous husband. The selection of steamed buns were scrumptious. Loved the ginger tea and the fried rice. Everything we ate was fresh, healthy and tasty. The owner was lovely, humble and the service was quick and friendly.l

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orange, Australia
“Best vegetarian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Just eat there, you will love it. The dragon boat is commended as is the wide selection of tea. Even though the place is quite unassuming it is high quality, take away is available as well

Visited October 2013
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I absolutely love this place! Being vegan there isn't much to have on a night out! So this place supports vegetarian and vegan eaters and also has a great at of doing it! I love how its so family orientated, you see the kids helping out and having a great time doing so! :) love this place! Only thing is it should be open Sunday ;) that when I always crave a tasty Bohdi meal :)

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sydney, Australia
“Creative, Fantastic Vegetarian.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I chose Orange as a destination mainly because I wanted to have another meal at the Bodhi Garden. I had stumbled on this restaurant about four years ago quite fortuitously. Staying the night in Orange, and wanting some dinner, I combed the main street for options. The usual fare take-away shops were not something I wanted, so in desperation I settled for the Chinese restaurant on the premise that at least I know what I'd be getting.

I couldn't have been more wrong.

It wasn't until I scanned the menu that I realised there was no meat (no, I hadn't read the big sign out the front) but as I tend to do, I convinced the kids to 'try something new and add another day to their lives'.

I'm so glad we did, because it was good enough for me to return to Orange for!

It's not going to win many interior design awards, but the service is friendly (our waitress, India, was lovely) and the food is spectacular.

No meat? You wouldn't have known if I hadn't told you.

Amongst other things, we ordered Gow Gee, Sweet Corn Soup, Crispy Taro Parcels, pretty pastel-coloured Steamed Buns, Sweet Potato Balls, Mushroom Batons, and Spring Rolls for dessert.

That's right. Ice-cream filled spring rolls with sweet syrup. So yummy!

It's so nice when you discover something fantastic, when you least expect it.

• Visited July 2013