“Good value... but” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Budget Newcastle

Ibis Budget Newcastle
You added Ibis Budget Newcastle to your Saves list
Ibis Budget Newcastle
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3-5 Thomas Street, Corner of Link And Lakes Roads, Newcastle, New South Wales 2287, Australia (Formerly Formule 1)   |
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Newcastle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Canberra, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

When I arrived at my room I found there were no towels in my room I had to ask at the front desk whether towels actually come with the room. It was advertised that if you paid an extra $7.00 you can have a breakfast of cereal toast and some of the local produce. There was no local produce! I could get a better meal at McDonalds for the same price. Then during my stay I returned to my room to find all my belongings gone. I went to the reception desk and said that all my stuff had been taken, the guy replyed that there had been a mix up as I had made my initial booking on line for 1 night and booked for another. At first my stuff could not be located. I was not contacted to ask why may stuff was still in the room. If you ask for a contact number why do you not use it! My stuff was finally located and packet haphazardly by one of your staff members which I find very impersonal. I know you are a budget hotel but I now know why paying a good price for a room is very important. Lesson learned. I would not recommend nor would I ever stay in one of your hotels ever again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Invercargill, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Good location for us because we had arrangements to meet people at the Entertainment Complex. Only stayed one night on way to job up-state. Other than being in a spot where got a lot of traffic noise think this one is very good value overall. Much less than a major hotel but still offers all the basics and then some, and it has employees who are helpful.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms clean and comfortable, but can be a little noisy if facing the main road. There is plenty of parking and most points of interest are only a short drive away. My only complaint would be the lack of restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: No lifts so if you have a problem with stairs, ask for a ground floor room
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good price and location. Bit noisy as on a busy corner; my window did not seal properly (worn out locking mechanism) so noise entered the room; as did smoke from the smokers below. Room basic but fine. Cleaning hit and miss; dead cockroach, old battery and cigarette butt behind the door of the room. QA not what it could be. I would stay again but realise I only get what I pay for! Nice that they have a small kitchen downstairs where there is tea/milk/microwave.The guy on check-in was great. But he obviously did not know that 204 had problems with the window; nor did I at first! I guess when the horse/room is that cheap you do need to look it in the mouth! Cleaning not thorough. The old ac unit was noisy; that disguised the street noise; so in the balance not a problem.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was glad to find accommodation here at the time of the Rolling Stones Hunter gig, however our stay was disappointing from start to finish. When we arrived just prior to check-in opening at midday, there was nobody in attendance at about 5 minutes to midday and the automated check-in was not functional, despite the large queue of people forming because the place was fully booked. The room itself was ok, though the bathroom is the stock standard and not the best, but you can live with it for a night. There was quite a lot of noise from the stairs and reception filtering down the corridor to our ground floor room, not to mention passing traffic, but worst of all many of us returned from the gig to find 3 massive utility trucks (perhaps the smoking workers mentioned by Graham W.) blocking about 10 parking spaces, so we (being the first of a few) had to improvise a spot in the now full carpark, while many others had to park on the street (and there is only a small back street that can be parked on actually near the place as it's on the corner of 2 major roads). When this was mentioned to reception (staff were friendly in the afternoon, happily assisting with a TV remote control issue and providing an electric kettle) it was met with a fairly indifferent response. Also, the fact that the kitchen (with communal fridges and tea making facilities, although the urn was empty when I tried to make a cuppa after arrival) is closed between 10pm and 7am is most inconvenient - for those having a late night (or checking in when unattended).

Room Tip: Away from reception and stairs, possibly not on the ground floor and as far away from the busy roads...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

Good place for 1 night if your on a tight budget. Rooms are super small but modern and clean. Close to town and we felt safe. Washroom was almost laughable as it feels like a port a loo toilet/shower. Very mini but the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed November 2014

Been to Ibis Budget Newcastle? Share your experiences!