“poor customer service!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Ibis Budget Newcastle to your Saves list
Ibis Budget Newcastle
Ibis Budget Newcastle
3-5 Thomas Street, Corner of Link And Lakes Roads, Newcastle, New South Wales 2287, Australia (Formerly Formule 1)   |
Ranked #15 of 21 hotels in Newcastle
“poor customer service!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I had a medical emergency with my pregnant daughter who was being flown to Newcastle.. we rang the ibis.. and asked to book a room.. advised them that it would be a late check in as I was travelling from port macquarie I then offered to pay for the room by credit card but was told "no its ok just pay when you arrive" I arrived at the motel at 10.50pm rang the after hours buzzer so I could check in, only to be told I was too late and he wouldn't give me a room.. I explained I had made the booking and informed them it was a late check in... I was told I should have booked online if I wanted a late check in.. why they never said that on the phone is beyond me.. well they lost a pretty good customer as I need a room for at least 4 weeks.. I wont be recommending this place to anyone!!!

• Stayed July 2014

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Coffs Harbour, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed 1 night at short notice. Were able to book a further night if required. Basic, and a great place to get a good sleep. Safe parking with CCTV, and no noise from the roads.
There is a central dining area for breakfast, and you can store you food in freezers/fridges. No cooking facilities in rooms - just bed and a Television.
We will certainly be staying here every time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night on our way to the Gold Coast, late check-in, early check-out, and were pleasantly surprised. It was cheaper than most of the motels around but definitely very clean and comfortable. We are happy to have found out about the "Ibis Budget" brand and will consider it when we travel. Clean, comfortable and cheap prices, what else do you need for a good nights stay? Vending machines, books and newspapers were available at reception, and breakfast was also available at a small fee.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I was staying here for work and was looking for a cheap stay. The only positive is that the beds were comfortable and it was cheap. The toilet door didn't close as my knees stuck out, I could only just turn around in the shower and the noise from the highway was pretty hard to get used to. Good for a really brief overnight stay, my recommendation, pay an extra $30 and stay somewhere nicer towards the main Newcastle city region.

• Stayed May 2014
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Ibis as a quick stopover on the way to Brisbane. The room was very cheap ($65 for one night) and it was definitely well priced as I wouldn't have been happy paying anymore than that for the room. The room was tiny with a bed, sink in the corner and the toilet/shower in a cupboard (kind of felt like a little dungeon). The room was however clean and the bed was comfortable so it was fine for a quick 8 hour stop as we were just sleeping there.. Wouldn't recommend the hotel for a stay longer then a night or two.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Ibis Budget Newcastle? Share your experiences!