“Best value Indian in town” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #119 of 389 Restaurants in Newcastle
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: http://www.agfg.com.au/guide/nsw/newcastle-hunter/newcastle-area/hamilton/restaurants-dining/indiana-raj
Newcastle, Australia
“Best value Indian in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I've dined here many times both in the restaurant and takeaway and I can honestly say its always been d-lish!!! Highly recommended

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sydney, Australia
“Bargain food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is a Indian street side restaurant, with choices of a dozen or more curries served with rice. Nothing more noteworthy than any other Indian restaurant of its type, but with good hearty fare for $9 or so, I ate there happily, and will again.

Visited March 2013
Newcsatle
“Excellent Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Excellent authentic Indian dishes. Lamb Korma best I've tasted. Service above average. Don't miss the Chicken Tikka.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Long wait, the dish I had was awful Giid naan.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Long waits, the dish I got ( can't remember the name) was a eggplant dried fried something, it was so terrible and had big clumps if chilly in there it made me almost vomit. I complained and had to wait along time for them to make another one for me to take out. The next day I had it for lunch and only got half through it, just awful. Buy maybe that's just my taste buds! Some people come in and left before us and we where still waiting. How ever my wife enjoyed her tea. But was frustrated by the wait.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle, Australia
“Great Food - Erratic Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My partner and I have visited Indiana Raj around 10 times in the past few years. The service can be slow and the staff border on bizarre at times (such as giving us a lecture about the price of lamb before we had ordered).

We are never certain whether we will be served poppadums and water on arrival or not. The staff can be very quick and attentive, or show far more interest in gossiping with each other than serving anyone.

The food has been very good every time.

• Visited January 2013