“Beautiful Bed and Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

9 Morehead Street | Lambton, Newcastle, New South Wales 2299, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 30 Newcastle B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brisbane
“Beautiful Bed and Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Booked in advance for two rooms / one night - two adults and two teenage sons. Very easy street parking, air conditioned, free wi-fi, tea, coffee and biscuits, guest lounge and verandah areas.

Hosts Sue and Phil are very friendly and accommodating, in fact Sue even gave us a guided tour of Newcastle and drop off / pick up from an event at the Hunter Stadium.

Sue showed us the guest areas upon arrival and checked with us for specific dietary requirements.

Rooms were spotlessly clean and very well presented. Children are welcome although the property may not be suited to active (boisterous) youngsters.

Breakfast comprised freshly squeezed juice, fruit salad and home made pancake stack (which would shame most restaurants attempts at a similar offering) and was more than ample for us.

We would certainly stay here again and although we only spent one night - we were made most welcome.

Room Tip: Two rooms share a bathroom, one has an ensuite - call to confirm your requirements.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Canberra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Excellent place to stay in Newcastle - my partner and I stayed for a night just after New Year's, and very much enjoyed Sue's and Phil's hospitality (including a delicious breakfast the next morning) and the property itself, a peaceful and beautifully-restored/updated older home. It's also a perfect location for music fans like us coming from out of town to see a gig at Lizotte's (literally a short walk down the street). We'll definitely be booking in again next time we're in town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

A very nice and peaceful stay. Very clean and pristine little Bed and Breakfast. A wonderful place to stay, highly recommended!! The food was amazing when served in the morning, what was served up was fresh food, served with greek yoghurt and ricotta pancakes with butterscotch butter!! it was divine! The room was comfortable and romantic, as it was our wedding night and they set us up with wine, strawberries and chocolates!!
This place has my thumbs up of been highly recommended and any travellers who are looking for a night to stay!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed at this beautiful place last week (18 to 20 Dec). We were welcomed by Sue & Phil with their lovely gesture and it is the best bed and breakfast I have ever experienced by far. With the freshly cut roses decorating the whole house it felt like home to us. The traveling tips and advice given by Sue were so useful that we had an enjoyable journey in Newcastle. Thank you Sue and Phil! We will definitely recommend this to our friends in the future.

• Stayed December 2012
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Newcastle's Bed and Breakfast shines a bright and entrancing light through an otherwise dull and mediocre selection of accommodation in Newcastle city. After an exhaustive search for a beautiful, spacious, relaxing space with great food for the weekend of my wedding, my prayers were finally answered when I found Sue and Phil at Newcastle's Bed and Breakfast! The house and gardens are stunning and I knew I'd come to the right place after speaking with Sue for less that 5 minutes.!

I needed a space that would be multi-purpose as I had my small son stay with me the night before the wedding, then on the wedding day I needed enough space to fit a few friends, my Mum, my son, the make-up artist, hairdresser and photographers, then a romantic and serene place to come back to with my lovely new husband! Sue put together the perfect package to suit my needs with delicious food, drinks and all the space I could hope for - she even fed everyone on the wedding day! Phil kept my little boy entertained while I was getting ready and the day was absolutely perfect!

When my husband and I returned on the evening of our wedding, the bedroom had been transformed in to a softly lit romantic boudoir with chilled champagne and chocolates - delightful.

We were sad to leave Sue and Phil - we really felt like old friends as we waved goodbye and drove away - I even had a little tear in my eye! I couldn't have asked for more - thank you Sue and Phil! XX

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
, Owner at Newcastle's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Megan & Grant
My apologies for not responding sooner. Unfortunately, I have only just now, read your lovely review.
What can I say??
Such a magnificent review.
Phil & I considered it an absolute honour & a pleasure to look after you both, at this important and special time of your lives, and your gorgeous son, Digby.
We both love what we do here at Newcastle's Bed & Breakfast and after reading all your very very kind words, we must be providing an experience & service that we envisioned that we could achieve to guests that live in & visit our wonderful city of Newcastle.
Thank you once again, you have made us feel very encouraged.
Also......(we are hoping that our 4 chooks (that we got at 10wks of age) start earning their keep by this Christmas!!)
Hope we can catch up in the New Year & find out about Spain etc etc etc
Kindest regards always to you, Megan, Grant & Digby
Sue
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We have just driving away and I am feeling really sad to go. You will understand when you stay there! The food was delicious, the kids loved the neighbourhood and Christmas lights, I loved time out in the deep bath and we all loved the special care that came our way in every detail. If you are in Newcastle definitely stay here!

• Stayed December 2012
Missoula, MT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

One of the finest B&B's I've experienced, from the scrumptious home cooked breakfasts, afternoon lemon delicious cake with tea in bone china, fresh cut roses and fragrant gardenias, and beautiful linens on very comfy beds. In addition to the great accomodations, they were extremely helpful in navigating Newcastle where we were visiting out son at the Uni. For a small fee they even helped transport us and our luggage to the Uni and then onto the train station, this would have been a logistical nightmare without their help. Sue and Phil love what they do and it shows in their treatment of guests. Highly recommened!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Jacinda but all the rooms looked lovely. The B&B is separate from the living qu...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Newcastle's Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!