“Kodak at Novotel Newcastle Beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Newcastle Beach

You added Novotel Newcastle Beach to your Saves list
Novotel Newcastle Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 King Street | Newcastle Beach, Newcastle, New South Wales 2300, Australia (Formerly The Sebel Newcastle Beach)   |
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Newcastle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Newcastle is an easy city in which to navigate and we found the Novotel effortlessly. There was however, no allotted parking area for check in. Luckily, there was two of us so my husband stayed double parked outside while I checked in. The reception staff were very friendly and efficient, directing us where to park (Hotel parking $18 per day), and provided an excellent dinner recommendation.
Our corner room was very spacious – comfortable king size bed with crisp, white linen, huge bath plus a shower and a good range of toiletries. The white fluffy towels were new and staff happily provided extra upon request. Bathrobes were hanging in the wardrobe. Tea and coffee making facilities plus a well stocked mini bar was much appreciated. A safe was located in the wardrobe.
We had a side view of the ocean from our room (did not book an ocean view room) which was nice, however there is a construction site immediately behind and adjacent to the hotel. Sleeping in beyond 8am is not possible due to the noise.
The gym has two treadmills, a stepper, upright and recumbent bike, a cable weights machine, a selection of free weights up to 10kg, and fitballs. A steam room and spa completed the gym area. Water and towels are a much needed addition.
The only negative was the bar area – the designer totally missed the mark here! It is brightly lit, has plastic chairs, is cold and has absolutely no atmosphere! It resembles a cheap bus station café! What a let down when compared to the rest of the hotel! After the first night we went to the nearby Noah’s for a pre-dinner drink/nightcap. Sorry Novotel, it’s really not up to standard!
Apart from the bar area the Novotel is a great hotel! We’d certainly stay here again!
HINT – “Thai Sticky Rice” restaurant is located on the corner of Scott and Zaara Streets, just a short walk from the Novotel. It was recommended by the Reception staff.
“Ground Floor Café” on the eastern end of the Hunter Mall has fabulous coffee and unusual breakfast combinations – give it a try!
“Estabar” café is a good choice for breakfast. It is located on the seafront – turn right on leaving the Novotel and then left at the bottom of the steps.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
glovers1, General Manager at Novotel Newcastle Beach, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear FreoCreatures,
Thank you for your detailed review of Novotel Newcastle Beach, we appreciate you taking the time to provide such comprehensive comments on the hotel and Newcastle East end surrounds.
In relation to the hotel bar we are looking at options to create a more conducive atmosphere for dining, we are currently working with the owner on plans to make improvements. We are very pleased to hear that you found some of Newcastle gems during your stay.
We appreciate your feedback and hope that you will come back and stay with us again when next in Newcastle.
Regards'
Port Macquarie, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I arrived after 5pm Thursday afternoon and met with a warm, happy, friendly smile from Rochelle. Check in was a breeze. I was parked, unpacked and in my room within 10 minutes.(self parking $15.00 valet $20.00 per day)
The room (508) was huge with floor to ceiling windows and had a great outlook toward Nobbys Beach. The morning sun was awesome.
It had an enormous,cosy king size bed with ample pillows and crisp white linens. The large closet contained a safe, iron/board and robes. The bathroom was well stocked and had large fluffy towels, great shower and a hairdryer.Mini bar and comp tea/coffee available. Everything was new and spotless.
Gym was complimentary and had a steam room and spa. I did not see a pool however, the ocean is less than 5 mins walk.
Trendy restaurants are within a 5 min drive into Darby st. Shopping at Kotara or Charlestown is <15 mins drive.
There is 24 hr room service and a Bistro downstairs.
Check out was just like check in, Olivia was lovely and gave me a map and directions to shopping.
This was my first stay here and I will return as I appreciate the personal service offered by the Accor brand.

Room Tip: High floor,ocean side.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Loved the new facilities and fresh rooms!
The receptionist was also friendly and courteous.
Minor gripes were that my "Ocean Side" room had views of the next door construction site and a small glimpse of the sea.
Plus my room service dinner dishes weren't cleared away by the morning.
All in all very minor. I had a great sleep in a comfortable room.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Clearyou,
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback regarding the room view and room service collection. It is only with quality comments that we can make adjustments to our operation to ensure we continue to improve for the future. We hope that you will stay with us again when you are next in Newcastle.
Regards
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I travel alot on business trips and everytime I go to Newcastle my only choice is to stay at Novotel Newcastle Beach. I am always greeted with a Smile and asked how my day has been so I am not treated as a number, my meal always arrives on time and the rooms are clean and the service is great. I cant ask for more from this hotel, I do struggle finding good service at other hotels...

My last stay I had a few issues wth my room, but James form the front desk was so kind & helpfull nothing was a trouble he looked after my issues and I was a happy guest :)

I would say to the Management team keep up the good work, encourage your staff and always improve, You have won my heart.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jorjet_NGS,
Thank you for staying with us and for the very kind review. We appreciate your business and our team take great pride in looking after you in your Newcastle home. I will pass on to James your positive comments, he is certainly one of our best team members. We look forward to your next visit.
Regards
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We recently stayed at the Novotel Newcastle Beach for two nights. We very much enjoyed our stay, in particular the very friendly and diligent staff we met. We were especially appreciative that the staff took particular care to cater for my wife's gluten and other food intolerances. The hotel appeared very well manitained and also conveniently located, being close to key beaches, cafes the CBD and other attractions.
Unfortunately, the few shortcomings we found were the non-functioning ventilation in the bathroom, an open container of milk in the refrigerator on arrival, a lot of dust under/around the main table and the high cost of on-site parking.
That said, we would definitely recommend the hotel to friends and family.

regards

Arthur and Wilma Megaloconomos

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Been to Novotel Newcastle Beach? Share your experiences!