“Average. Looks better on the website.” 3 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN PLUS Madison Spa Resort
4.5 of 5 Spa   |   80 Meninya St, Moama, New South Wales 2731, Australia   |
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Moama
Victoria
“Average. Looks better on the website.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

Had a two night stay. Rooms were fairly standard and nothing special. I wasn't taken by any of the day spa treatments therfore didn't sample. Breakfast very basic. Service not particularly flash.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

I stayed for two nights in the Deluxe Spa Room. I booked it through Rates to Go, so got a good deal. I had the most relaxing weekend ever. The staff were great, especially the staff in the Day Spa, where I spent most of my time (hehehe). The room was big, I loved the gas log fire!! and the spa was huge. I loved the way the room was presented when I walked in. A couple of lights were on the the gas log fire was on and the room was nice and warm. A perfect way to start unwinding

The bed was a little uncomfortable in areas (I think the bed just needed to be turned over). It was lower on one side (I think because so many people probably sleep on that side). I would have also liked the TV to be able to be moved so that you could see it from the spa better.

I will go back!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Melbourne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

Must admit we were disappointed with the room. Looked dated and not at all like the images shown on their website. We paid for an upstairs room expecting something special - which it wasn't. The room was also not completely clean. Would not go there again.

The other facilities in the hotel were ok.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

Please be advised that this hotel has the worst bed/mattresses that I have ever slept on, and I have travelled throughout Asia and stayed in budget hotels.

I put in a complaint upon departure and was advised that they were aware of the poor condition of the mattresses and had ordered new ones!!

Also sent them a follow up email when i got home and received no reply. Obvioulsy don't care about their customers comments/complaintes.

Check you bed before checking into Madison Spa is my advice.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
qld
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

We stayed here in March, everything was fine when we checked in.

The fittings over the lights were uneven and out of no where one of the pins dropped out of it. I contacted reception immediately to notify them. In about a minute after that the whole glass fitting came down and smashed over my baby's toy. The glass hit him but thankfully only shards I have no idea how he came out unscaved I think he cried in fright mostly.

A cleaner and maintenance person came in and apologised. I really appreciated their apology and sincerity. The cleaner said she had notified the Manager and they're on there way over. It took about 10 minutes to come over with no apology only 'nice start isn't it?'. I felt like she was implying something when she repeatedly said I can't understand how it could have happened.' I mean the light cover fell and smashed on the toy what more did they want me to tell them'.

She did offer to clean the toy but with a young baby who still puts things in his mouth I preferred to throw it out. Nevertheless she did take it and cleaned it, I was too concerned because such small pieces of glass may have not been seen and I didn't want it in his mouth. I requested another room but they didn't have one only possibly one downstairs which from other reviews here I wouldn't stay there in a fit.

When she brought the toy back she gave us 4 chocolates. I felt this was an insult and gave them back. My baby cops a glass light cover over him and she gives out chocolates?? I didn't expect a free night there but something a little more than chocolates for the inconvenience. I had no sleep during that night because all I could think about was what could have happened to him, it was so so close!

In distress in the middle of the night I contacted a family member in tears who advised me the next day she contacted the hotel only to get a recorded message. She left a message and no one contacted her so she called back again the that day. She asked to speak with the Manager who said they did what they could and cleaned the toy and the room. The Manager said he would discuss it with other Managers to see what they could do for us.

My husband and eldest son were enjoying being at Moama and other than what happened they liked the room so they wanted to stay. So I wouldn't spoil their holiday I bit the bullet and booked another night. They inadvertently left off the extra charge for my oldest son ($28) for that next night - I didn't realise they made this error until we left the next day it was defiantly not intentional.

There was still glass in the carpet, the same night the light cover fell down I had to tweeze glass from my foot and the following night I had to do the same with my eldest son's foot. I kept shoes on my baby after I had taken him to the local hospital to be checked.

I had let them know about all of the above in the comments card they left in the room to fill in when I gave back the chocolates. They never attempted to make any contact with me.

I don't know what it is with me and certain hospitality Managers but I seem to know how to pick them!

Furthermore, I noticed they are opening another one at Chirnside Park Victoria - I can only imagine if this is the way you are treated here that you will be treated the same way there too - my advice is not to stay at either one.

over all - Disgraceful!!. Never again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

My daughter & I went to this Madison Spa whist visiting Echucha in the middle of winter wanting to get rid of the winter cobwebs. We go to around 3 day spas a year & this one was ordinary. The facials were okay & so was the massage. The masseurs & beauty therapists knew the technique but needed more practice. The products they use were not the best. I'm not saying to not go there but we have been to many Day Spas around the world & I would give it 6 out of 10.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2008

Our family group consisting of 3 adults and 2 children reserved two rooms over the Easter weekend paying sky-high rates for fairly basic accommodation. The double room for two adults consisted of one queen size bed and one pull-out sofa ($180 per night, no breakfast) whilst the larger family suite consisted of one queen, one sofa bed and two single beds and a small kitchenette ($230 per night, no breakfast included). The motel is ranked 4 ½ stars but perhaps motel rankings are not as stringent as hotel rankings as this property did not compare to any 4 ½ hotel I have stayed at recently. The motel is relatively new and has about 40 rooms in a double storey building. Cars park directly outside the doors of the rooms which means you will hear people unloading and chatting whenever they arrive. Both rooms we reserved had good firm beds, a fridge, tea/coffee facilities, air-conditioning, and a raised spa bath overlooking beautiful bush land. On the negative side there was almost nowhere to store clothes, only a smallish TV with terrible reception and spartan décor. Furthermore I was disappointed to discover that all toiletries were administered in a no-name pump dispenser fixed to the walls rather than in individual bottles that most Spa Resorts provide. As we were unlucky enough to be on the ground floor, we were also subject to trampling overhead at all hours and squealing plumbing. No tableware or cutlery was provided in the kitchenette. The basic continental breakfast on offer was $14 – we decided to drive to the Rich River Country Club for only $8.50 or $5.50 a child as both properties offered only cereal, bread, tea/coffee and tinned fruit. On a positive note, the pool area was lovely, set in lush gardens, and the indoor spas and steam room were relaxing. Service was efficient and the rooms were clean. The motel is situated close to the quiet main street in Moama and in walking distance to a brand new Safeway store. It’s only 5 minutes by car to quaint Echuca with its wonderful restaurants and historical ambience. I would recommend this property for those that enjoy swimming and indulging themselves in (overpriced) treatments. My kids absolutely loved the (unheated, cold) pool and the atmosphere was friendly at all times.

• Liked — Beautiful bush views and landscaping around pool
  • Disliked — Noise from upstairs guests, spartan decor, lousy TV reception, overpriced
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Madison Spa Resort? Share your experiences!