“Lovely B&B stay in the Hunter” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pindari House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Maitland
Pindari House
78 Winders Lane | Lochinvar, Maitland, New South Wales 2320, Australia   |
Ranked #3 of 10 hotels in Maitland
Burleigh Heads, Australia
“Lovely B&B stay in the Hunter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

The stay started a little scarily as I'd booked and paid through Wotif and didn't arrive til nearly 9 pm due to work commitments to find the property in complete darkness. Monika had not been told of my expected arrival and had gone to bed, however got up and made me more than welcome.
Enjoyed a port before bed, the bathroom was tidy with all linen provided. Room comfortable and possibly the best eggs florentine I've ever had for breakfast.
If you don't like dogs, stay away, but Sasha and Honey are lovely,as is new Baby Bentey - all lovely ridgebacks with sweet natures.
Monika is a very attentive hostess, with great stories, fantastic hospitality and a qualified chef to boot! Looking forward to returning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Pindari House is a Hunter Valley treasure. The host Monika (plus Sacha & Honey) makes this place really special. The hospitality, location and food will not disappoint and complaints about the decor are a bit misguided since it's a true country B&B. It's comfortable and clean with plenty of character. There's great views of the valley and the hostess has expert knowledge of the area and is most helpful in planning your stay and activities in the Hunter.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Our stay at Pindari House was delightful. It's a nice place to relax, good location, it's quiet, the food was great (we had breakfast and dinner there twice), good size bedroom with a comfortable bed, a place with character, it's cozy, warm and lovely. Thanks to Monika, Honey and Sacha for their hospitality! We enjoyed your company. We would definitely stay there again!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Swansea, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Had a girls weekend away in the Hunter Valley and stayed at Pindari House , champagne and cheese on arrival was wonderful after our drive then a loverly dip in the pool to really relax then an amazing meal cooked by our loverly hostess Monika. All slept well in our beautiful rooms after a port and home made chocolates then started the day with a full English breakfast ( yum ) . Pindari House is on beautiful grounds on the top of a hill with wonderful views, this is a wonderful place to stay for that special weekend away in the country.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I In response to the previous review I would like to point out that I have been visiting Pindari House for 5 years and I have never had a problem with the owners dogs. They are the most sweetest gentle dogs you could ever meet. When I contacted the owner, Ms Banks, over this issue she advised me that you did not follow protocol in allowing the dogs to be properly introduced. I understand that your dog was picked up in a manner of a dog picking up its puppies, however, despite the advise of Ms Banks you attempted to wrench your dog from the grasp of the larger dog resulting in its injuries. Your allegations of accusing Ms Banks of being drunk would be highly unlikely given the fact that she organized access and drove you for some 20 minutes to the vet. On the basis that the vet said it was a superficial wound, I understand that Ms Banks is now introducing a 'No Pets' rule due to the direct result of this incident.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Yandina, Queensland, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Would not recommend this placeto anyone,the hostess was drunk and her dogs were vicioustowards my dog.To top it all off after my dog was attacked she hadthe nerveto try charge me forthe room when we didnt even make it throughthe door. Her dogs should be put down andthe business closed up. Absolutely disgraceful!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2010

I am at odds with most of the reviewers but it depends on what type of place and weekend you are after I guess.

Paying $160 for the night I expected a little more of the "suite" which we was advertised - in reality it was a smaller than average room which was very outdated in terms of decor. Even the iron had seen better days as it was so caked that we couldn't use it.

There is a limited feel of privacy as you could hear all noises from the bedrooms on either side. Also Monica tried to organise breakfast so that all the guests could eat together. I understand this makes it a bit easier for cooking but I didn't really want to get up for an 8:30 breakfast on a Sunday on a weekend away... That said - we compromised with a 9:00 start and the other guests were lovely.

The cheese and champagne on arrival and the port and chocolates before bed, as advertised on the web and in the brochure in the room, were nowhere to be seen which was a disappointment.

If you stay here you must like dogs - we do so that wasn't a problem and the dogs were so well trained that they wouldn't come into the rooms or kitchen. Very cute.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Pindari House? Share your experiences!