“Popular with young people” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 49 Restaurants in Goulburn
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Astor provides a comfortable air conditioned public bar and lounge bar environment featuring clean, modern decor and a relaxed atmosphere. A 40 room motel is also attached to the hotel providing clean, comfortable, fully self-contained accommodation at extremely competitive prices. Food is a major feature of the hotel and our excellent bistro is open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week. Our menu caters for a variety of tastes, perfect for a quick lunch or snack, a generous meal for the hungry traveller or the place to come and celebrate with family and friends. The Astor is the perfect choice for your next function or family get together. Our outstanding facilities enable us to cater from an intimate get together for 20 people, up to a sit down gala occasion for 130 people and anything in between. If a cocktail party is more your style then we can accommodate up to 300 people. Whatever you decide, a wide range of packages are available and we are able to tailor our packages to suit your every need. Live entertainment is also a feature of The Astor, with big name bands to local artist booked every week. We also feature regular live music every Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights in the front bar. Priding itself on fast friendly service, The Astor Hotel offers a big city experience in a family friendly environment with genuine country hospitality. We hope to see you soon!
Goulburn Australia
“Popular with young people”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Younger members of the family have taken us several times, they all like it but the bar/bistro menu isn't our idea of a night out. Sorry

Visited October 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“most rude experience ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Dining solo I left 2 mags & my glass with some left in it to get another drink from the bar-I returned to find drink & mags removed-waitress returned my items with comment 'how was I supposed to know'? I complained to the owner-he told me that what they are trained to do, I explained I was on my own & couldn't leave my handbag was just at the bar and what about customer service-Sean Griffiths told me I was 'carrying on', that he knew about customer service as he owned multiple venues & that I didn't know about customer service. He then told me the were 3exits & pointed them out & told me I could leave anytime soon. I tried to re-explain that I had left my drink partially full deliberately & my magazine there so they knew I was still sitting there. I asked for his business card which he handed me & walked off to serve another customer instead of also settling my bill at the same time. I then said I needed to settle my account to which he deliberately made me wait. I had a bar tab then he decided I was paying by credit without waiting for a response from me. Over all shocking customer service and pure discrimination of solo diners. I'll be taking legal action if I can. I've never been treated or spoken to in this manner, I have dined alone 1000's times, travelled the world, I work in marketing & aim just appalled at his attitude &the way I was spoken to!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“good selection of pub food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

slightly better standard than average country pub with a large selection of traditional aussie favourites plus salads for the more health conscious. Order at counter and given buzzer which goes off for you to collect food at counter. No table service, go to bar for drinks. Popular at weekends but seem to cope well during rushes. Modern surrounds and outdoor area as well. No complaints about meals among our group of 8.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne
“Great pub food at reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

While the ambience is not fantastic the food certainly is. Many meals under $20 with good menu selection. They had entertainment as well the night we were there so not bad all in all. Serving sizes are large so be careful when ordering.
Only negative was that it was difficult to find a table for two not near the door,kitchen or cutlery area.

Sydney, Australia
“Great food and ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Food is good and place hums on a weekend. Choice of food and quality is the best of the Goulburn pubs. Can get a bit noisy when it's busy.

• Visited August 2013