“A precious gem” 5 of 5 stars

226 Seymour Street, Bathurst, New South Wales 2795, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 14 Bathurst B&B and Inns
“A precious gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Bishops Court is a great place to relax and indulge. Its a beautiful boutique hotel that is made even better by the brilliant hosts (Christine and David) and their excellent staff. I am so hesitant to rave about them as I am afraid it will become too popular and we cant get in when we want to. We just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary over two nights and it was purely sublime. This is what you get when you combine a great product, with great people who love what they do. Bishops Court is truly a great place. We go every year for a few days of indulgence. Thanks Christine and David for bringing this place to us.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
South of Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is one of the first things I noticed at Bishop's Court and is definately true. We booked for 4 day anniversary to just go and relax, and so we did. I have not slept so well and for so long in and in beautiful surrounds as well. There are many excellent reviews for this establishment and for good reason.
We went with nothing particular in mind, but there is plenty to do in Bathurst and Christine and David will help with all sorts of activities to suit a wide range of tastes. We generally do our own holiday planning, but this time we winged it and found that our hosts had the inside running on everthing to do in the central tablelands, and how to go about doing it. Everyone in Bathurst seems to know Bishop's Court and there is a welcome and service that makes you feel like a VIP guest of Bathurst itself. The restaurants and places to visit that Christine recommends are fabulous.
On first arriving at the fantastic old building we were a bit daunted by how impressive the property looked. Was this really a place that we would stay? But upon entering we were made to feel very welcome and felt very much at home. Take the time to chill out, have a cup of the 30 or so varieties of tea and talk to the hosts, they are excellent company. Also leave plenty of time to enjoy the delicious breakfasts and in general recharge the batteries.
Whether you want a relaxing time away, or are looking for a home to stay while exploring West of the great divide, Bishop's Court is the place to stay.

Room Tip: The Bishops room is a bit larger that the others and has direct access to the and excellent balcony...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This place is a hidden, magnificent gem. The rooms are luxurious and the whole place is utterly romantic. Wonderful rooms to enjoy - from the library to the lounge, the upstairs balcony nestled amongst massive tree, and the sheltered garden. Christine is a welcoming and a wonderful host.
Totally recommended!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Having recommended by a work colleague that its the best place to stay when you're in bathurst, she was absolutely right!
This mansion is sure to impress anybody, from all walks of life.
From the moment you step in the front door, you are greeted with the warmest smile.. And a tour around the mansion was an absolute treat.. You can see the owners expertise in style and royalty..
All rooms are luxuriously appointed..
If you want to live like part of the regal family.. Stay for a night or two.. I also found out Christine is an excellent chef, so i will dine here next time..
If you can't afford Paris just yet, then you'd be happy you stayed here

• Stayed February 2013
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

After settling in my only daughter at CSU University, I entered the doors of Bishop's Court quite frazzled after harrasing them with my phone calls due to becoming lost. They immedietely made me feel comfortable and relaxed. I loved the exquisite decor, the breathtaking gardens, and also the hidden subliminal touches ranging from my favourite Molton Brown Toiletries, fluffy white towels and bath robes so cosy that I was nearly asleep before dinner. After a sumptous spa bath I floated down to the dining room to enjoy with my hosts David and Christine, one of the most divine meals I have tasted. Floating back to my peaceful room I quietly read my book while enjoying their wonderful Port they was waiting for me in my room. I didn't think the food could improve until I tasted breakfast! I have lived in the UK,Europe and Asia and Bishop's Court is up there at the top of my favourite places to stay, as it made me feel relaxed and pampered which are my favourite two words! I will return during my many stays to Bathurst and I must highly recommend Bishop's Court to everybody.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

A wonderful experience. Warm and friendly hospitality. The Guest House is beautifully appointed. We especially liked the tree top verandah outside our bedroom that was quiet and comfortable. Christine is a terrific cook and we enjoyed a delicious customised menu for dinner in the spectacular Chapel venue and a lovely selection of poached fruits on the breakfast menu. We will definitely come back again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

First class all the way. Wonderful hosts, very welcoming and hospitable. Beautiful historic mansion set in lovely gardens. Great room opening on to a large upstairs verandah in the trees. Really felt relaxed and at ease. Pity we had to move on. I'm pretty sure we'll be back though.

Room Tip: Having a room with direct access to the large upstairs balcony was a real plus.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bishop's Court Estate Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!