“Returned to Original” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Australian
Bathurst, Australia
“Returned to Original”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

It is such a landmark restaurant in town, and it has been great to see it restored to how I remembered it 40 years ago. Lunch specials are good value and its great to still be able to sit at a window seat and watch the Bathurst bustle go by.

Visited June 2013

“Waste of Money !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Food is poor quality and extremly over priced . Food does not taste fresh . But wait staff were very nice. Would never recomend to eat here .

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bathurst, Australia
“Very clean and great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I visited the Acropole recently and was so happy to see that it's was turned back to the way it was years ago. It was recently venerated all seats restored and a beautiful new carpet also all the terrible timber was removed from the bar area. Great meals reasonably priced , great service, Great atmosphere!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orange, New South Wales, Australia
“Poor service, absent food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I went for lunch with a party of 6. There were no tables that could seat 6, so our options were a squishy oval table for 5 plus and ezra chair, or two tables with an aisle between them We went squishy.
After 15 minutes with no menu, one of us tried to catch the attention of the waitress as she passed. We were rudely given the brush off. Another waitress came to our aid with menus.

We ordered, again the waitress was rude, no eye contact, walked away while we were checking the order. 3 meals were delivered, not great quality. We waited . And waited. After 10 we were told the remaining ones were being cooked. As mine was a salad sandwich we found this surprising. After another 10 minutes we gave up and left. While paying for the meals that had arrived we were "accidentally" charged 10 times the amount, which we pointed out and had corrected. We explained to the cashier about the missing meals, the rude waitress came and explained to him that there was a delay on the grill and it wasn't her fault. I said "but mine what a salad sandwich" ! She replied "i know".
We left.
I dont advise visiting this restaurant, the food is very average and the service rude and slow.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Dreadfull”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I respect the acropole having heard it goes back a long way in bathursts history serving greek food and I recently found out it was a local hangout and favourite for my grandparents. So I decided to visit the acropole in bathurst travelling through with a friend tonight to try it out and spent over $80 on two meals - $30 400gm steak with vege and chips, chicken parmy with chips and a total of 4 soft drinks and garlic/herb bread, at these
prices I expected outstanding quality considering the competition around bathurst had similar prices but outstanding quality food. Upon entering we were the only customers and greeted by an initially polite hostess which took us to our booth and handed us the menus, basic expectation from a restaurant. The carpet under the booths were filthy. Shortly afterwards she returned and I asked questions regarding the menu that she could not answer for example the weight of the steaks that would explain the difference in prices not to mention she would not even look at us when I was looking directly at her which I find quite rude. We Waited 5 mins before drinks arrived, they were boarderline flat , then the bread came out , this was the highlight of the visit- crunchy hot bread. We then waited half an hour for the mains while the staff around were talking instead of a higher priority task such as cleaning the filth under the
tables. Food comes out
Parmy- ever eaten cardboard with rubber cheese with cold chips
steak medium rare - tasted like a dried out meat loaf, as if it was defrosted from frozen in a microwave then squashed on the grill drying it out, not tender at all. the beans were like eating green mash potato instead of crisp freshness and chips were cold, the pepper sauce tasted exactly like the woolworths pepper sauce I can get at home, definately not a $30 meal with quality ingredients. I could of saved myself the $30 on that meal alone to buy a weeks worth of food to cook crap food myself at home

The hostess came past and asked if everything was ok, at the time my friend did say yes because she did not want to cause a scene and I didnt want to embarrass her either. So she went to the toilet and the waitress came to my table and saw I was not eating and asked if I was done.

I told the waitress id like to provide her with feedback regarding the food and she finally looked at me. I explained each opportunity as I did above. I recived no apology and was told that I had to explain it all to someone else.
I then asked if she was capable of providing feedback to the kitchen and she ignored me and replied " well you shouldnt of said everything was ok" in a very rude tone of voice. I remained calm although it was
very difficult to do so. I replied I was working up the courage to provide negative feedback because Ive never had to say something anywhere before I came to the acropole.
Another lady came out from the kitchen and asked me what was wrong, I took her to the quarter eaten food and showed her the mush of beans and dried out garbage. She said she spoke to the cooks and they admitted to putting the fries down early so she will take $5 off the total bill of $82. I thought What the? I said dont worry ill pay full price for that quarter eaten garbage and ill never come back and ill make sure I put an extensive review on tripadvisor for yas.

You have just read that extensive review :)

• Visited May 2013