“Great size meals, lovely food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pantano's Bar & Grill.

Pantano's Bar & Grill.
Ranked #36 of 77 Restaurants in Bathurst
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Pantano's Bar & Grill specialises in steak and Italian cuisine. Selling only the finest Certified Angus Steak and Ribs. Our steaks are aged 60 days for perfect tenderness and guaranteed consistant quality. Frank Pantano,the head chef is Italian and loves to cook traditional recipes that his Nonna taught him. If your family loves steak or Italian food, Pantano's Bar & Grill is the restaurant for the whole family. We even offer a wide range of kids meals and are gluten and vegetarian friendly..
Bathurst, Australia
“Great size meals, lovely food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Have just enjoyed a large meal here with a group of friends. Breads were lovely, the barramundi portion was very large, more than I could eat. It was accompanied by a great sauce. side plate of vegetable were at an extra cost, which is really annoying. Large serve of dessert, but others not too impressed with the gelato size serve as not good value for money. Soft drinks expensive. Only downside was when we all got up to leave the restaurant, there was no 'thankyou for coming', or 'did you enjoy your meals' or 'please come again'. Considering there was a table of 8 of us, this would of been an excellent time to follow up the customer service experience.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fiona M, Owner at Pantano's Bar & Grill., responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Chrissycb1,
Thankyou very much for your feedback and taking the time to write a review. Im glad you enjoyed the breads and the barramundi, it really is a delcious meal. I just wanted to take the opportunity to clarify that our vegetables and other sides are not charged as an extra they are included in the price of the meal. I think it may be confusing to our customers sometimes as the vegetables always come out in a seperate bowl. This is done to ensure the vegetables do not make the chips or roast potatoes soggy.
I am glad your friends were happy with the size of the desserts and I do admit the Gelato's do seem a bit expensive but they are actually hand made by an Italian and we get them specially freighted to the restaurant. They come from GIMA, who use to have a factory in Molong but have closed, so we now have to get them from Sydney where they have relocated... We may need to reconsider if they are to expensive to have on the menu, its a pity though as they are such a beautiful product.
I actually served you on Wednesday night and I really made an effort to provide exceptional customer service but I must apologise if I did not thankyou all for coming, I think I had my head in the till trying to work a problem out and my normal routine is to always ask how the meals were when the customer comes to the till. I didn't have that opportunity as you all kindly worked out the bill at the table and left cash in the wallet.. But I will definately be more attentive next time.. Promise.

“Over priced and horrid”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

The steak I had was small but above average quality. The price was scaled far to highly for the meals quality and size. Apart from the steak, the prawns and chips were horrid and there was roughly 10 chips.. Overall I will not be visiting this establishment again, ever. Ever.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dear Ash C,
I am so sorry that your experience at Pantano's Bar & Grill was not favourable, I wish I had asked you at the table if you were happy with your meal and then I would have had a chance to fix it up. Or if you had let me know I would have been more than happy to have it re-cooked for you as we actually really do care about our customers and that they are happy with their meals. I would love to know if it was a lunch porterhouse special or a steak from the evening meal as our lunch specials are only a small 200gm steak ($18.50) but if it was meant to be a 300gm porterhouse I would like to look into it further..We realise that our steaks are priced more expensive than any other restaurant in town as we have to pay top dollar for them as they are Certified Angus. I would love it if you could give me a buzz at the restaurant on 0263311264, have a chat and I can organise for you to have a meal on me, give us a second chance.. Heres hoping..
Regards,

Fiona Miller
Portland, NSW
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Dined here on a Sunday night, and as a group of 8 adults & 2 kids we really enjoyed ourselves! Everyone's food was great, wait staff couldn't have been more helpful and overall a great dining experience in Bathurst!

Visited March 2014
Hi,
Thanks for the positive feedback it is really encouraging for all of my staff to be told that we are doing a good job.. Thanks for taking the time to let us know.
Regards,
Fiona
Oberon, Australia
“Very nice food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

The evening we visited for dinner was busy. Service was nice - water on table without having to ask, drinks served promptly etc. The actual timing of meals was odd though - a few groups which arrived well after our group and ordered after us received food before us. There did seem to be quite a wait between breads/brushettas to the main meals. Having said that meals were very good. Steaks were done as requested, portions were generous. One in our party had the pork dish which was an absolute winner. Only negative - the Dianne sauce was too salty and not by a bit - it was bordering on inedible, I was glad I tasted it before pouring over my steak, it got left in the dish. I have read some of the negatives about service but the evening we visited was good, I did hear the wait staff ask several tables if meals were ok, they did not ask our table but that was fine. I would try Pantano's again, not an everyday place (pricey) but nice for an evening out.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Frozen and over priced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Went on reccomendation as were eating quite late and many other places were closed. Chicken schnitzel and veggies were were frozen and tasteless, totally over priced at $17. Steak was nice but the only fresh thing we recieved but still too pricey at $38. Beers were a rip at $8.50 for a peroni. The beer selection was also pretty crap. I hope bathurst has better food than that.

• Visited February 2014