“Very uncomfortable stay” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Busy Buzz

Busy Buzz
You added Busy Buzz to your Saves list
Busy Buzz
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   2 Farmgate Dr, Bathurst, New South Wales 2795, Australia (Formerly B & B's Retreat)   |
Ranked #14 of 15 Bathurst B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Very uncomfortable stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Betty should be known as 'Margie'
The iron lady she is.
Nothing is too much trouble as long as you don't do anything that might put her out.
For goodness sake don't get up early for Breakfast. It's 7.30 am you know.
NOT 7.15am. Stay in your room till it is ready or your in trouble.
Poor Phil (hubby) no wonder he turns his hearing aids off.
Don't use too many towels or bath matts & for goodness sakes, don't turn on any lights.
Do your self a favour 'DO NOT STAY HERE'
It is just a big house that an old lady makes a motsa out of on the side.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Newcastle, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

I stayed with my partner and daughter when I needed to be in Bathurst for residential school at the university while I was studying. This was over a year ago but I wanted to provide a review as I really feel our experience warrants mentioning for future potential guests.

We had a horribly uncomfortable stay as we felt continually watched by the female owner of the house. We also hadn't quite realised before staying that we would be staying in the owners' home, where they too lived, and shared a kitchen.

Prior to booking I had asked whether the accommodation was suitable for us as a small family with a toddler. I was assured this wasn't a problem. I had mentioned that my partner would need to be around during the day so our daughter could have daytime sleeps. However when we stayed this was extremely awkward, as the owner actually spent the day approaching my partner and offering unsolicited parenting tips, and- at one point- telling him off for opening the blinds in the "guest lounge", as this may upset other guests (there was no one but us staying)

When we arrived she showed us around the kitchen and pointed out all the things we weren't to touch while staying. She pointed out the TV in the kitchen area and told us to make use of it. That evening my partner turned the TV on and was watching it for two minutes before the owner suddenly marched out from her end of the house, grabbed the control out of my partner's hand, saying "I'm going to have to take this now" and turned the TV off. At this point I told the owner how uncomfortable we were with staying, and that we were unhappy with being spoken to in a patronising manner. As we were booked for another two nights I requested half of my money back so we could relocate to a motel. The owner initially refused, claiming she had had to refuse other bookings for us so we could not have any money returned. I pointed out that there had been no other guests so far in the other room, and the owner then agreed to return 50% of the money I had paid for 3 nights, having only stayed one. This experience has actually put me off bed and breakfasts. It is the worst accommodation experience I have ever had, and I have stayed in quite a variety of motels etc while travelling for work and for my own enjoyment. I would avoid this place if you would like an enjoyable and unwatched trip! I felt very stressed by this experience. I felt I was treated like a potential criminal/ delinquent child while paying for the pleasure.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

Instead of arranging everything properly, host preaches on how to use bathroom, sink, parking etc as soon as you arrive. Layout of house makes privacy absolutely impossible, also no noise isolation in rooms. Asked for non-smoking, but had my bedroom filled with smoke right before going to bed. Had to share bathroom with other guests, though was initially assured that we are the only guests and there'll be no discomfort for us with bathroom. It's way cheaper than other B&B around, but believe me, your good spirits are not worth it. Was very very disappointed.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Busy Buzz? Share your experiences!