“Convenient and affordable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Armidale
Sydney
“Convenient and affordable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Stayed two nights here, and would stay next time I am in town. Price was one of the cheapest in Armidale, and hotel was within walking distance to town. Plenty of parking another plus.

Restaurant Tip: The hotel restaurants is great and they offer room service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
brisbane
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed here for one night for work. I must say the first thing I noticed about the room was the strange smell when I walked in, it did seem to fade later, but I am not sure if I just got used to it..
The rooms are basic. Bed was hard, but not so hard that it was uncomfortable.
The bathroom was very disappointing, very old and tired.
The rooms just felt unwelcoming with a mix between modern bed covers with old style room. The old breakfast chute has been sealed up next to the door, which gave me an indication of how old these rooms were.
The front desk girl was very helpful when I couldn't get my tv to work, and she recommended places to eat in town.
This hotel was basic and did the job for an overnight stay, but I wouldn't want to stay here if it was for a holiday.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Newcastle, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I recently booked this hotel for a trip to Armidale to attend a funeral. We were travelling with my parents, two uncles and my brother. I looked online then rang the hotel to ask about available rooms. The receptionist was quite unhelpful and not very good at calculating how much it would cost for the rooms.

I had a broken bedside lamp in my room and the young man from reception went out of his way to fix it, when that didn't work he bought another lamp so I could keep reading.

Overall the hotel was dated but a lot cleaner than more expensive hotels. Close to the city centre as well. We ate out each meal and many places are walking distance to hotel.

• Stayed May 2012
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We find Armidale motels near CBD can fill rapidly. The CC is a good solid country motel. Our room had lots of space with a big window overlooking street. Standard motel fitout. It is within walking distance of CBD and restaurants. We enjoy the White Bull pub. Although rated 18th it is good value.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Yes, the decor is dated, the cheap carpet is covered in marks where someone's melted the iron into the floor and the curtains and lounge have holes in them but you still get great pressure hot water, microwave, toaster, two types of biscuits, real milk for your coffee and it's clean. It has no pretensions and doesn't strive to be anything other than it is - a clean and decent place to stay at a cheap price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Canberra
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Basic Motel in need of an upgrade. Very noisy air conditioners in some units. No wi-fi offered and quite a distance to walk to CBD. We stayed 3 nights on a group tour en route to the Celtic Festival in Glen Innes from Canberra.

Room Tip: make sure you ask for a room with a modern airconditioner.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

When we first arrived from our 9 hour trip we were very wound up but started talking to the lovely receptionist and started easing up. She couldn't do more for me she had arranged a taxi to pick us up for dinner and even suggested some nice restaurants due to the fact that there restaurant was shut. Our room was very nice and neat (very Clean, i really don't understand the other reviews because i didn't see any problems with it.) the breakfast in the morning was absolutely beautiful. We stayed for 4 days and it was very peaceful. I will Surely stay again and i will be telling all of my friends about this motel.

Room Tip: I found that the whole place is very quite of a night time. im abit of a night owl and go for walks...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Comfort Armidale? Share your experiences!