“Just love this hotel - great style and value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Hotel Powerhouse Armidale

You added Quality Hotel Powerhouse Armidale to your Saves list
Quality Hotel Powerhouse Armidale
4.5 of 5 Motel   |   31 Marsh Street, Armidale, New South Wales 2350, Australia (Formerly Cattleman's Motor Inn)   |
Offers & Announcements
Family Holiday package
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Armidale
Queensland, Australia
“Just love this hotel - great style and value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

This is our second stay at this hotel and we have been impressed both times. Armidale is a stopping point on our return trip from Sydney to Brisbane and the Powerhouse represents excellent value. The renovations are superb and every detail and comfort has been considered. Our deluxe room (standard) was spacious and extremely pleasant . The relaxing music playing on the CD when we entered set the standard for a great experience in this hotel. The leather lounge, marble bathroom, oversize shower, extra towels,comfortable bedding, safe, quality lighting, microwave, spacious cupboards, ipod dock and elegant fixtures were all appreciated. The room was comfortably cooled, quiet and just excellent in all respects. All staff went out of their way to be helpful - they are proud of this establishment and rightly so. We were contacted by SMS text the morning before our arrival to confirm our times and were treated as if our needs were most important. Breakfast was included in the rate and was delightful - with a delicious variety of pastries, cereals, juices and fresh fruit. A hot cooked breakfast was also offered at a reasonable price. We did not have dinner at the hotel on this visit, but did so last time and found that also to be of a high standard.

My husband and I have travelled extensively this year and have stayed in many great establishments, including five star hotels in Sydney, New York, Washington DC and Paris. It would be easy to think that an overnight stay in a country town was not worth writing about after that, but we both felt we had such a relaxing and enjoyable night that it was worth sharing with others. No matter where we have stayed, good service, fine ameneties and value are important to us and Powerhouse Armidale surpassed our expectations. We will return again to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

WOW, Very impressive standard for a country town!

I had a one night stop at the Powerhouse on my way to visit family in Brisbane, getting into town late at night (about 1130) I thought Id have to sleep in my car until I saw the lights on in their reception. I thought it might have been just a rough motor in but was pleasantly surprised when I got into my room to hear some lovely music playing and that the room had a fantastic queen bed and a big telly. The room looked like something you might find in a 5* hotel in Sydney. VERRY NICE!

I'll definitely stay here again and have recommended it to several of my friends already.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
goaldcoast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

Beautiful Location, Excellent Hotel

We had lovely views from our room. The hotel room was of a very good standard. The restaurant both food and service was great. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Noosa, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011 via mobile

We stayed for one night while driving between Canberra and Brisbane.

Rooms are a decent size and are reasonably well appointed, but the hotel falls down in a number of areas. We were shocked, for example, to find cigarette butts on the floor of our (non smoking) unit. Worse was the pool - located in a kind of annex, packed with old conference furniture and broken coffee machines. Despite it being 35 degrees outside the pool was far too cold to swim, the spa was out of order and the sauna padlocked. As I said, just not good enough in this price bracket.

There are countless accommodation options in Armidale, and I suggest that you consider alternatives to the Powerhouse Quality Inn.

• Stayed December 2010
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

I stayed a couple of nights at the Powerhouse hotel in early november and despite the cold weather, the greeting I got at reception was the warmest I've had in a long time. the girls at the front desk were really helpful and when I asked where they thought I should eat they were all to happy to suggest nice restaurants around town as well as their own restaurant ( The Cattlemans grill).

The rooms are amazing, Huge tv, warmed floors in the bathrooms and lovely music playing in the rooms when you walk in, and even without the music playing it was nice and quiet ( I couldnt hear the traffic at all.).
I ate lunch elsewhere but the staff were all to happy to sell me an espresso coffee when I felt the craving at about one o'clock.

The dinner menu had so many delicious options to choose from with a wine and beer list to match, and the waitstaff were very helpful in relaying my requests to the kitchen staff who were all to happy to tailor my meal to my allergies. All the staff were happy to have a chat as they went about their duties and the young gentleman who attended to me all night was friendly but professional. A nice balance to the whole experience. I look forward to the renovations that the staff mentioned would be happening early next year.

I'll definitely be going back to the Powerhouse.

:D

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Taree
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

We were really stuck for one nights accommodation and Armidale was full for the date we needed.With 2 adults and 3 young children it was hard to find something acceptable.The powerhouse Quality Hotel is your uppermarket hotel and a bit out of our price range for one night,but seeing a deal on the web and it being one of the only rooms left in accomodation in Armidale I tried to book it on line but there was an error and it was actually a higher price.I rang the hotel and they honoured the fee that was on line for me.They are a great hotel and the rooms are lovely.If we are travelling that way again we will be sure to stay at the Powerhouse Quality Hotel again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

We stayed overnight at this hotel. The rooms are nice and they have done a good renovation. But, on returning home and receiving my credit card bill they had added almost $50 of unauthorised charges to my credit card!!!!!!! I rang the manager to discuss this he was very rude and arrogant and refused to credit the unauthorised charges back to me. I recommend giving this hotel a wide berth. They are low on integrity and manners

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to Quality Hotel Powerhouse Armidale? Share your experiences!