“Worst sleep” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Armidale Motel

You added Armidale Motel to your Saves list
Armidale Motel
3.5 of 5 Motel   |   66 Glen Innes Road, Armidale, New South Wales 2350, Australia   |
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Armidale
Sydney, Australia
“Worst sleep”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Walking into the room we noticed the floor was filthy.
There was dead and alive bugs crawling on the floor.
I went to get into a very uncomfortable bed within the hour I was bitten by insects.
Looking at previous reviews I don't understand why no one would not advise the health department of this?

• Stayed December 2013
sheryl d, General Manager at Armidale Motel, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Armidale Motel,
and we appreciate your review to improve better.
We would like to fix this problem immediately, but
we couldn't find your information in our system, could you please tell us what
room you were in so that we could get pest control in again.

Merry Chistamas and a Happy New Year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Armidale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Armidale Motel is a convenient place to stop, especially for those travelling north from Sydney via the New England Hotel. Staff are welcoming and the rooms are clean and well equipped with microwave.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Stayed at this place on Thursday 5th Dec room 14, on check in we were a little early but it would have been fine to tell us to come back but the woman there looked at clock and said in a very rude tone that we were to early but handed us the key, she needs a big lesson in manners, also the room was full of baby cockroachs and next morning I was bitten not sure by what, but will never stay there again when paying for a service expect it

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you desperate
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Singleton, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Very simple motel but clean and tidy! Great price, only $85 per night including continental breakfast. Not big or fancy but all you need, lovely view over looking the pool. Would defiantly stay again. It's a little way from the centre of town so it is nice and peaceful. Easy to get to if travelling through, not far off the New England Highway. We having been travelling to Armidale for the last ten years for all three children have gone to university there, so have tried most motels some great some not so fantastic. This one we would stay at again for value for money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I am a University Student and booked this motel for a week stay in Armidale for an Intensive school.

Unfortunately it was a horrible experience.

I booked the 'Weekly Flat' to suit my needs with a kitchen to cook and make dinner for the week.
When I arrived I was given the key to the wrong room, when I went back to say I had booked the weekly flat with the kitchen facilities I was advised that someone else was already in there and they had let people stay at extra 3 nights. No apology was given and I was directed to another room. I thought this would have been the worst of it but then I was asked to move once the room I had originally booked was free!!

I was there for an entire week and my room was not cleaned, bed was not made, I was never given a fresh towel and I ran out of toilet paper!!
I eventually had to go and ask for some toilet paper to receive attitude for the owner who was not apologetic about the whole situation.
I would NOT recommend this motel!

and will NOT be staying here again.

Room Tip: Don't go here.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tinonee, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

stayed at the armidale Motel for one night. this was the second time i had been there in 6 months and accidentally booked the same place. The lady in charge of reception could have been ruder if she tried but it would have taken some effort. she was Asian and didnt seem to have great english skills, but didnt try either. I'd booked online through Wotif and the booking was supposed to come with a free continental breakfast but it wasnt forthcoming and to be honest I couldnt be bothered pursuing it. the room was small, smelt of smoke and facilities were archaic. Charge was $90 a night , true value would have been about $40

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

On my way to QLD and I'd read the reviews and concluded this was the place for me. I wasn't disappointed. Very friendly welcome (which apparently is different to another review on this site), very clean and comfy room. If you feel that it's too far from the centre of ton, perhaps it would be obvious to look at a map first. I highly recommend this motel and i'll be staying there on my way back from QLD.

Room Tip: Room 20 was great.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Armidale Motel? Share your experiences!