I have stayed at this motel on average once a month for last four to fives years. The attractions of this motel are;
1. Large comfortable rooms that have small kitchenette, so if you wish to self-cater while on business trip or save money while holidaying. The kitchenette contains, cutlery & dinnerset plus microwave, toaster, kettle and items to assist in cooking in microwave.
2. Large comfortable queensize beds. There are Sony iPod/iPhone docking station/sounds system with built in radio instead of a cheap bedside clock/radio.
3. Nice lounge and dining table so you can stretch out and relax at end of day and if you are there on business there is a good decent size work-desk. There are also plenty of powerpoints to plug in and charge computers, phones and cameras etc
4. Good modern bathroom with plenty of space and good accessories.
5. Good location, easy walk to an number of very good eateries and if self catering an easy walk to the supermarket and liquorshop. Also easy walking distance to a gym and to the large central park of Armidale which has a great walking/running pathway that is great for the joggers or walkers.
6. Wonderful attentive owners of the property who run the place very well and provide very good service and advice on local area. I believe the room rate charged is very good value for money.
The motel doesn't have a pool or a restaurant, but as there are plenty of choices of good eateries close by and if a swim iss on your plans then the municapal pool is about 2 kilomtres away, but it would be nice in summer if this property had a pool but no room on property for one! (only the very keen would want to swim in a pool in an Armidale winter!!!). There is plenty of parking but spaces can be on the tight side for large four vehicles, not to manouver into just width of space between each of the cars but similar to lots of other carparking places.
A good quality breakfast can be ordered for room service and from experience if you order a hot meal for breakie it is good quality and value.
Over the years I have stayed in most of the rooms in this property and it doesn't really matter which one you end up in. There is one disabled room and if you have trouble with stairs then ask for a room at ground level.
I can speak with experience about comparing this property to other motels in Armidale, as I have stayed at a number of other motels in the city over the years and the Pines is by far my favourite and FIRST PREFERENCE EVERY TIME whether I am in Armidale for business or personal reasons.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Armidale Pines Motel is ideally located next door to MacDonald's right in the city centre. Featuring luxurious accommodation and good, old fashioned service all within an easy walk to shops and restaurants. The main town mall is less than 250 metres away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Armidale Pines Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.