“What a hidden Gem, will return” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Albury Manor House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Albury
Albury Manor House
You added Albury Manor House to your Saves list
593 Young St, Albury, New South Wales 2640, Australia   |
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Albury
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney, Australia
“What a hidden Gem, will return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Well worth the turn off the Hume for an overnight stay. We usually travel further into Victoria, not anymore. The service from the restaurant staff and the standard of accommodation was very good. The rooms are large and the bed comfy. The only criticism is that the bathrooms could be updated, however, they still are good and very clean. We had a 2for1 Breakfast deal with our $90 tariff. Will return

Room Tip: The windows open, if you need fresh air. This is a welcome change to a lot of motels.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I booked this place on wotif.com and I am truly impressed. The rooms are very spacious and well decorated, the restaurant is excellent (got 2 'king breakfeasts' for the price of 1), free secure parking, great minibar selection, super friendly and helpful staff at reception and a superb price for the room. Will definitely recommend this property (and will be back soon).

Room Tip: Check prices on Wotif.com and book directly (and save $5.50 in credit card fees)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at Albury Manor and pleased to see standards and service and still excellent. From the whole checking in to checking out you are made to feel comfortable. Staff are friendly and helpful at the desk and restaurant. Food was great and room is comfortable and clean..You can easily walk from here to town centre..10-15 min walk....Put this on the list for business or pleasure..

Room Tip: spa rooms are great but rooms out the back comfortable and quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
warrnambool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My daughter and I arrived late one night from Sydney and we found the place easily. The room was comfortable and very clean with a large bathroom and beautiful fluffy towels. After a shower had a great undisturbed sleep. The rooms are average motel size but I think you could easily stay here for a couple of nights with large dining spaces and inviting swimming pool and spa. The disappointment for me was the breakfast. The orange juice dispenser was not filled properly so you had to tilt in on an angle and the eggs bernaise were very disappointing. The sauce was gelatinous and the toast lacked texture. The buffet breakfast display was quite minimal and you had to seek someone to have coffee filled up. My daughter scored very well with an excellent breakfast in the town of Albury. Apart from that it was a very good stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Newcastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed overnight at the Albury Manor House, thanks to the Trip Advisor reviews. We are ex-moteliers ourselves and are a bit fussy, however found everything to be perfect.....from the front office greeting to the cleanliness of the rooms. Very comfortable bed, lovely fluffy towels, real milk, plus complimentary biscuits. An error was made on our account (room service dinner not included)....when we pointed it out, we were given a bottle of wine for our honesty. The indoor pool area looked very enticing, would be great in warmer weather. Will stay there again, most definitely.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Austr
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed one night at this venue which I found easy to access inbound from Canberra and easy to exit to return. While it is on a main road I heard no noise at all, even sitting on the balcony. There are a few rooms with balcony's for those who smoke. The room No7 was tired in appearance but very clean and comfortable. I thought i would be in for a rough night of sleeping when i first looked at the bed, an obvious bow in it, but I slept like a log waking only once for an essential visit. The air conditioning was effective and quiet, the block out curtains were too, very effective I woke at 8AM and in darkness. The room amenities were fine for me, kettle glasses cups all clean. The bathroom was shower over bath in this room they have more up to date rooms but i wanted the balcony. Reception was friendly as are all of the staff. Secure car parking mostly under cover with lift access to all floors so no problems with folk who have disabilities. Now the real surprise was the hotel's restaurant, the Windsor. I rarely get good food in hotels and choose to dine elsewhere, being extremely tired after a 15 hour day and traveling I decided to give a go. Well folks the lightly crumbed flounder fillet was cooked to perfection and simply melted in my mouth. The dessert was oooh beautiful. The service and atmosphere was just lovely. Breakfast was also very well prepared, I asked for a small amount and got just enough for my needs and it was not expensive, nor was dinner. The only comment i could make is that the bacon was not crisp, then again I can only recall three maybe four occasions when the bacon has been cooked to a crisp (not cremated) perfection. I may just have to ask if I may cook my own in future. All up a very good establishment and i would stay there again. Comfortable, very good/excellent food and friendly folks as well as convenient, for a country town/city it certainly showed up the many big city establishment in which I have stayed. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Olinda, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Very comfortable four poster bed. Older décor, but clean and nicely appointed breakfast in a warn and inviting dining room. Lift was a little slow but fits with the overall feeling of genuine tudor fit-out. I made the choice simply by the exterior of the building. It looked in better condition than others in the same vicinity. I was travelling with a friend by road from Melbourne to the Gold Coast and this was our first stop. Excellent value.

Room Tip: We chose the upgraded four poster bed room. All I can say is it was very comfortable. No noise probl...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Albury Manor House? Share your experiences!