“Lacked cleanliness” 1 of 5 stars
Review of EconoLodge Albury Paddlesteamer

EconoLodge Albury Paddlesteamer
You added EconoLodge Albury Paddlesteamer to your Saves list
EconoLodge Albury Paddlesteamer
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   324 Wodonga Place, Albury, New South Wales 2640, Australia (Formerly Albury Paddlesteamer Motor Inn)   |
Ranked #24 of 31 Hotels in Albury
“Lacked cleanliness”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

On arrival we opened the door to find the room hasn't been prepared- beds not made, still had bedding on from the last people. Moved to another room relieved to finally place our weary bodies somewhere! Everything seemed presented well until we saw the toilet wall and light switch... Lets just say it is a mothers nightmare if she finds this on her walls left by a toddler.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night on a stopover from Canberra to Melbourne and we were happy with this motel. We didn't have a booking but still managed to get a room at a good price. It was a standard room but we were happy with the room size, comfortable bed, lcd tv/foxtel and overall cleanliness. One of the only downsides was that the room had a toaster but no plates or cutlery, as we were on a driving holiday we had cereal with us but had to purchase plastic plates and spoons. As we are young it didn't bother us carrying our bags upstairs to save ourselves $10 but some may prefer the downstairs rooms to avoid the lifting. Another great feature was plenty of parking and it was free, we parked right outside our hotel room which was great.
Overall we left pleased with our experience, and the people were really friendly at check in and when we asked them questions about traveling.

• Stayed March 2013
Pottsville, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We booked this motel, received a cheap price..Ok.. arrived didnt realize that our booking was upstairs, ask if we could have a downstairs room. Was advised that we would have to pay an extra $20.00. I declined.. Interesting how the owners expected a 55 yr old woman to carry her suitcase up and down the stairs...Then to top it all off....ANTS!!!!! in the room, little red ants... some in the bed, most around the sink....Im sure there are plenty of other places to stay in Albury, that dont have ants and is on ground level.!!

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Huge room for single traveller, upstairs, queen bed and single, kitchenette with microwave and toaster (but no cutlery), large clean bathroom, all very clean, air conditioning very good. Only downside is the very noisy bathroom next door, could literally hear everything, sounded like it was coming from my bathroom with the door open, but it was not, it was next door. No mini bar but could by alcohol at Reception. Austar channels were very good, Wifi was $2 per hour. Long walk into town but short walk to nearby Gateway Village and lovely pub.

I was pleasantly surprised, stayed in many hotels in Albury, will use this one again if driving through and not wanting to go into town.

Room Tip: Upstairs, away from cars, if there is a room with no bathroom on the other side, get it!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Not greeted nicely, I booked through the hotels website and the booking hadn't come through yet and was basically told I couldn't get my room til it did despite having email confirmation (which he didn't want to see) & offering my credit card. Finally turned the corner and gave me a room and said he would help me out. Oh thanks.
Checkout. Got to the desk with keys no hello just "I've already charged your rooms to your card it's 10.07" well not on my watch but ok. I told her I wanted to pay cash but was told too late. Not apologetic not friendly at all. I asked why she couldn't have rung the room and was told 9/10 people don't answer the phone so what was the point. I said I would likely not stay again due to check.in and check out. She asked what problem was at check in I tried to explain and the receipt was thrown at me as she stormed out of the room and then she told the other man (from check in) I had "lost it" at her which I certainly had not. He was very nice at this point which was nice but when he tried to explain something she told him not to bother as I wasnt staying ever again.
I found it upsetting to be treated so poorly. Rooms where cheap and clean but I left close to tears and in disbelief about being spoken too so harshly.maybe they having a bad day I hope that's all it was.
The pool looked.nice but I didn't use it and a maintenance man was wandering around when we left and he was very friendly saying hello and a nice good morning.

• Stayed February 2013
MELBOURNE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I really like this hotel. I travel alot and my expectations have changed. I now what a room with a good bed, tv with a selection of channels, good shower, friendly service & good air flow in the room & this has all of that. A great selection of free to air and austar channels, great friendly service, generally clean & tidy rooms, good shower & comfortable bed. Sure the place is old and decor is dated, but once u settle in this forgotten & offers great value for money, don't forget to put this on your list for consideration:)

• Stayed February 2013
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed in a first floor room with a queen sized bed and a single bed. It was clean, a decent size and more than adequate for a night's stay on our way through to Melbourne. It is located close to a nice park and playground and also nice and close to get back on the highway. The kitchenette, microwave and Austar tv channels were all handy. Would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to EconoLodge Albury Paddlesteamer? Share your experiences!