“Shame about the service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe Victor

Cafe Victor
644 Dean Street, Albury, New South Wales 2640, Australia (Formerly Zen X)
+61 2 6021 8447
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 126 Restaurants in Albury
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Sydney, Australia
“Shame about the service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I read other reviews that talked about the service, but decided to try it anyway as the food was recommended by most.
My friend and I sat for 30 minutes after ordering. I was not upset as slow service was part of the expectation. It was only when the waiter, asked if we wanted desert, that we discovered that the order had not even been passed to the chef.
When the Pumpkin Ravioli eventually did arrive, I wan not unhappy with the result. Taste was good and well cooked and presented. My friend enjoyed the Salmon.
The coffee was also poor.
If you want to eat here, check with the wait staff often.
If you want coffee, go up the road to Mr Benedict.
Address in Tripadvisor was incorrect. Actually at 644 Dean Street (cnr of Elizabeth Street).

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great pizza expensive & average mains horrible service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I had the pollo pizza. It was very nice. Great flavor and large. My friend had the pumpkin ravioli with goats chese. She was not impressed with the size. $24 for 11 bite size pieces with next to no flavor. little sauce and was under cooked. We were advised that the meal was large but when it came out it was very unimpressive. My advise get the pizzas!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Albury, Australia
“Newly renovated - same great food & service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

The whole restaurent has been renovated from front to back . They have done a sensational job . The open kitchen is a real feature. The food is still sensational . The service is still the friendliest in Dean Street ALBURY.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Innovafive food, fabulous service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Rydges next door and ended up eating here three times. The first meal was fabulous - Mediterranean meatballs and lubneh that has us wanting the recipe, with the most friendly waitress and a charming going man on drinks. We came back for breakfast both for the food and the service.

Breakfast was also great - Lebanese sausages, great potato cake and beautiful poached eggs - and they have blood-orange juice which I love. When my husband asked for an orange juice, it cam fresh-squeezed. This was another sensational meal

We came back for a late night supper, and had a pizza and some pasta. They were not so good - a bit bland. We'll stick with the Mediterranean meals next time. But the service was still charming and the wine list quite good - they don't focus on Durif like most Albury restaurants.

We'll definitely be back. One of our favourites in Albury.

Visited April 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Cafe Victor - take away option was great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

A great take away option at the side of the restaurant itself - I was staying at the Rydges Hotel across the road and ordered 2 pizzas to go - just beautiful. Relatively cheap, I thought, with great friendly service. The restaurant appears to be busy all the time and this is always a good sign.
Give this a go..