“Average Accomodation” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quest Albury

You added Quest Albury to your Saves list
Quest Albury
4.5 of 5 Condominium   |   550 Kiewa Street, Albury, New South Wales 2640, Australia   |
Melbourne
“Average Accomodation”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I recently stayed at the Quest Albury on a recent business trip and was disappointed. The rooms were fairly average, looking over the rooftop of the building next door,my windows covered in bird droppings so not appealing at all! There was a mouldy smell in the room and I noticed the cleaner left the window open a little during my stay obviously with the aim of getting rid of the smell. The hallways were constantly hot, had no air conditioning making conditions uncomfortable when you left the room to walk to the lift. Bed was comfortable. One positive is the restuarant downstairs (not operated by Quest) food was lovely and staff very friendly. If you just want a place to sleep this will do, but if you are looking for something more don't bother.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We booked 2 executive apartments with balconies. Upon arrival we were given our room keys. One apartment did not have a balcony. We returned to reception thinking a mistake had been made. We were informed that a due to a maintenance issue we could not have the room we requested. Management had been aware of this issue since the morning but had neglected to call us during the day or even inform us of the issue when we checked in.

The bin in the bathroom of the other apartment had not been emptied. Staff were not forthcoming in resolving our concerns until pressed, upon which we were given a bottle of wine as a token gesture.

Fail on communication.
Fail on organisation.
Fail on service delivery.
Fail on cleanliness.

Fail quest. We will not be staying with you again.

• Stayed December 2012
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I recently stayed for a weekend at the Quest for the purpose of attending a wedding.The room had everything we needed.
when I was getting ready for the wedding I could not find my engagement ring,I didn't worry too much as I thought I had put it with my other jewelry until arriving back to Sydney late Sunday night,
I couldn't find it anywhere, I contacted the hotel ,Darcy was on duty & advised me would check our room before finishing his late shift.
On rechecking my handbag, imagine my relief when I found it in the lining of my hand bag!!
I called the hotel to let them know I had found it and found out they had checked & rechecked our room, sorted through all the hotel weekend laundry,also had all the vacuum cleaners emptied !!!
Now that is customer service !!!
My sincere thanks to Noel ,Darcy & all the kind & attentive staff of the Quest,,I would not hesitate to stay there again when visiting Albury

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was booked in for business for one night. Drove from the Airport, 10 minutes drive, lots of parking at the Hotel. Check in was quick, the room was hot (temperature). It was 30 Deg in Albury and the rooms have the keys you need to put in the wall to make the air on work. Hence the room was 30 Deg. Nice big room 2 TVs, one in bed room, combined kitchen / living room. I didn't venture out, had dinner in the Hotel bar, not a big menu but the food I had was ok. Breakfast in the morning, opens at 7 am, would have preferred 6 whilst on business. The Hotel had wi if for $8. Staff were helpful, would stay again.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor. 406. The room had two bed rooms and combined lounge / kitchen. Quite night s...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Just spent 4 nights in Quest Albury-- very comfortable apartment with a separate bedroom.

The rooms are very well equipped with a nice small balcony-- its just a little sad that the view from the room and balcony was a three level public car park.

The apartment was ideally located for our needs and overall was satisfactory.

Just one word of advice-- ask for a room away from the large automatic gate between the motels undercroft car park and the adjoining public carpark through which patrons had to exit the property.We had a room directly over the gate and it kept my wife awake during the night when anybody used it.
The complex has a nice restaurant under separate management located on the ground floor-- we ate there one night and had a very nice tapas meal-- on another night we cooked a meal using the very well equipped kitchen
Overall a satisfactory experience and has the potential to be very good

Room Tip: Keep away from the car park exit gates which are very noisy when operating at night
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed Quest for 6 months this year whilst working in the area. This is the second time I have stayed at Quest Albury, the first time was also for 6 months in 2009. The staff are extremely friendly, helpful and professional. I have stayed in both the one bedroom and studio apartments. The apartments are very clean and well serviced; any identified problems were immediately attended to and resolved. Having a restaurant on the ground floor is fantastic as it not only affords very good in house dining but also great room service if one doesn't feel like cooking. The one bedroom apartments are very well equipped with everything required, including a washing machine and dryer. I loved being able to hear the church bells ringing the hour of an evening - reminded me of Rome. If I were to work in the area again I would not hesitate to stay there - 10/10.

Room Tip: I like the rooms at the front of the building or on the eastern side of the building - lovely views...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Lake Macquarie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment. The main room was large, but needed updating. We had no view. There was an unpleasant smell coming from the drain in the bathroom. We ended up placing the garbage bin over the drain & closing the bathroom door overnight.
We mentioned the smell to the staff at reception the next morning & when we came back to our room later on in the afternoon, the smell wasn't as bad.
Staff were helpful & friendly.
Very handy location just a short walk to the main shopping area & many local cafes & restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quest Albury? Share your experiences!