“Hearty meals” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Albury, Australia
“Hearty meals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great place to go and absorb the afternoon sun with a book and a hot and healthy meal. First time I went there with my mother and had the veal scallopine. Best I've ever had. It was very reasonably priced, fresh and the portion was so big I got it put in a box and had it for lunch the next day. So yummy.

Been back since by myself after work to try from the large range of pastas and risottos. My favourite is the matriciana with penne. You get a bowl of parmesan so you can have as much cheese as you like :) The wines and coffee are decent too.

The owners are sweet and polite. Can't say as much for the waitstaff, unfortunately. They float around and ignore you, and they must think it'll crack their faces to smile. What else can you expect from young girls though?

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Wodonga, Victoria, Australia
“get better service from a bin.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The only thing worse then the food was the service. The waitresses were rude and yes more then one was rude, Wouldn't even take me and my wife to a table, and when we found one on our own we were yelled at to get off it. We ordered a pizza and when it came it was thrown at us with out even a smile from the waitress. The pizza had more oil then the Middle East. And very expensive for a undeserving meal. Over all you get better service and meals from a bin. NEVER GO THERE!!! you have been warned.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Olinda, Australia
“Huge meals”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

If you are hungry- good place to eat. My friend ate too much. Bright lights- not much ambience. Service was quick. Food quality was average.

Visited July 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“A pretty good meal option in ALbury”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

A food chain but does do pretty good pizzas which are, at times, comparable with some of the pizzas I have eaten on my 5 visits to Europe. Whether it is indoor or outdoor seating there are plenty of good people watching options as the resturant is situated on a busy street corner. Service isn't too bad but the coffee can be very up and down. Pretty good value. Worth considering if looking for a meal in Albury CBD. Worth a look.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Albury, Australia
“Stodgy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Sorry but my meal sank to the bottom of my stomach faster than a lump of lead and there it stayed for hours. Presentation was pretty unimaginative, taste was not outstanding and really I wished I were eating somewhere else. Try it if you dare!