“Ideal location for excursions restaraunts etc” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radfords Lakeview Motel

You added Radfords Lakeview Motel to your Saves list
Radfords Lakeview Motel
5.0 of 5 Motel   |   56 Lakefront Dr, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park, New Zealand   |
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Te Anau
wiltshire
“Ideal location for excursions restaraunts etc”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We would have to agree with all the positive comments made by previous reviewers. The only reason we have not awarded an excellent rating is that our room faced the car park and we felt it lacked privacy despite nets at the windows. On a personal front although the room was beautifully decorated and colour co ordinated, predominately blacks/greys we felt it darkened the room especially as we had to keep the nets drawn. That said when on holiday you don't expect to spend hours in you accommodation!

Room Tip: Request room overlooking lake/gardens.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Radfords56, Manager at Radfords Lakeview Motel, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Birthdayoys,

I appreciate you taking the time to place your review, thank you. We are pleased that you enjoyed the location and I understand your comments about the colours darkened the room, they are earmarked to get ligher colour furnishings in the near future which will recify this issue.

I hope the rest of your travels have gone well and you have wonderful memories of your time in Fiordland.

Kerri and Steve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

With my wife having broken her leg on day two of our holiday, I was beginning to dread arrival at our numerous venues. However, at Radfords Lakeview, both Kerri and her daughter made us very welcome and couldn't do enough to help us cope with a wheelchair bound guest.
On arrival at our next venue, Queenstown, I had forgotten to pack the footrest and leg support,
Kerri was ahead of us and emailed me, then arranged for the local bus company to deliver the bits and I collected the parcel after dinner that same evening- saving me a 5 hour round trip.
That's service with a capital S

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Radfords56, Owner at Radfords Lakeview Motel, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Robert W

Thank you for staying with us and I am delighted that your time here was enjoyable. It was my pleasure to be able to help get your wheel chair parts back to you in Queenstown. Real Journeys were very helpful in allowing this. Thank you Real Journeys!

I hope the rest of your trip goes as planned and your wife makes a fast recovery.

Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Stayed in one of the upstairs Lakeview units (14).

Hosts were very friendly and helpful and very flexible.

There is a lot of competition on the te anau lakefront and this place gets the details right

Garden is also immaculately groomed

• Stayed February 2014
Radfords56, Owner at Radfords Lakeview Motel, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Pauloc

How great of you to review us. Thank you very much. It was our pleasure to be able to let you check in early and out late, This is not always possible when we are busy however your unit was totally ready for your early check in.

All the very best with your beautiful baby and we look forward to you returning in the future.

Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

My wife spent two nights at Radfords and enjoyed our stay. The owner, Kerri, typifies New Zealand hospitality. Great personality and very helpful. She gave great recommendations for dinner and was very helpful. The motel has a washer and dryer. The motel is only a block from the center of town and very convenient to the Glow Worm boat. Also, we would have a little visitor every night, Precious the cat. We enjoyed our time the Radfords.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Redondo Dave

Thanks for your review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your experience here and found our recommendations helpful. It is always our intentions that you depart Te Anau having a memorable stay and I hope "Precoius" the cat added to your memories too.

We hope that we get to chance to host you should you come back this way in the future.

Thank you for staying with us.

El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

My family and I vacationed in New Zealand for two weeks and stayed in several hotels and motels along the way. We were not expecting to much out of our motel in Te Anau but it WAS MY FAVORITE OF THE WHOLE VACATION. Why? Because after driving and touring since very early morning and arriving at the motel shortly before 8 PM - Kerri greeted me when I entered by "Hello Steven" and proceeded to make me feel at home. She was just like a mom making sure everything was in good order and that we were happy. I want to adopt her!
We rented a two bedroom suite which was spotless and well maintained. Location was across the street from the lake which was beautiful. Town center was a couple of minutes away by car for dinner. My only regret is that we did not stay there longer and enjoy the peace and beauty.
The next morning we drove about 20 minutes to get to our Doubtful Sound Excursion. (In another review)
This is a must stay at motel.
Thanks Kerri.

Stayed January 2014
Radfords56, Owner at Radfords Lakeview Motel, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Steven

Thank you for your kind words and we delighted you had an enjoyable stay. We take great pride in making sure our guests have the most memorable time possible in our area and and try our best to make everyone feel at home. The team here do a great job in presenting our property in immaculate order and take great pride in doing so.

I certainly hoe that you get to come back to finalise the "adoption" papers and see more of our area.

Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Quite frankly anyone who can find fault with this place does not deserve to stay here. I am lucky to stay in 5 star hotels the world over but these places cost over $800 NZ a night, here value for money is terrific, spotless apartment, every facility you could possibly need and friendly host. Terri works hard here and it shows, the flowers and planting at the entrance immediately tell you this is somewhere special. Would return here every time, loved it, deserves 6 stars if I could award them.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Radfords56, Owner at Radfords Lakeview Motel, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear AnthonyPit,

Thank you very much for your kind words and taking the time out of your busy day to review your stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience staying here and I agree that our gardener Phyllis (my mum) does a terrific job and we constantly get raving comments about it - I will be sure to pass this on.
Should you come back this way we would love to host you again.

Best wishes,
Kerri & Steve James
PLEASANTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Very stylish. Sliding glass door entry. Separate bedroom in our unit. Just wonderful. Easy walk to the restaurants and shops in town. Lake just across the street but really didn't have a good view of it from the room. Easy 15 min drive in the morning to Manapouri to visit Doubtful Sound.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Charles B

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review your time here. I totally agree with you, our staff do an amazing job of presenting the units for our guests and I will be sure to past your comments on to them.

We hope that the rest of your travels have gone well and should you come this way again, would like the opportunity to host you again.

Kerri and Steve

Been to Radfords Lakeview Motel? Share your experiences!