After travelling from the top of the North Island and spending no more than one or two nights in accommodation we decided to settle at Te Anau rather than Queenstown for 3 nights. Accommodation was hard to find and we had learnt to book ahead when we arrived in Christchurch. The view from our balcony was lovely - a beautiful lake with sunsets and sunrises that were awesome. The rooms however were outdated - yes a little like my grandmother too! Very little bench space and minimal cooking/kitchen facilities. We wanted self contained so we would relax, cook at home and take in the ambience of the lake. A microwave and 2 hotplates, no dishwasher (not what we would call luxury apartments). Further, and we take note from a previous review re fish smells, in the compendium were notes guests cooking and that fish, curry and chilli should not be cooked and that guests could be fined for doing so. Mmmmm...made us worry about pasta smells and toast. This accommodation was the dearest of all our stops in 15 days and at $210 a night, think is over priced? The bedroom was great as was the bed - but why would you have a partly partioned bedroom where the light streams in? Like most of the hotels/motels/apartment in New Zealand that we stayed with there was no air conditioning? Seemed to be a common theme? In this particular case however, leaving a window open was not a major problem as there was no traffic noise, although building work did start rather early. Would probably recommend but would check prices against other motels/hotels. Definitely paying for the view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All apartments have been recently refurbished, has Ample Heating, Flat Screen LCD TVs with Sky television and Telephones in every apartment. The Bathrooms include a Shower and a full Bath with a separate Toilet. Free wireless internet and 24 hour guest laundry. All trips in the Fiordland Area can be arranged at no extra charge. Friendly Service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fiordland Lakeview Motel and Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiordland Lakeview Motel And Apartments Hotel Te Anau
- Campbells On The Lake Hotel
- Fiordland Lakeview Motel And Apartments Te Anau, Fiordland National Park