If you're heading up to Milford Sound, odds are you're going to have to stay in Te Anau as there aren't too many lodging options up in Milford. Distinction Luxmore is a good option if you're just there for a quick stay which is what my wife and I were doing. It was clean, spacious, and had an ensuite bathroom. Albeit the room was a little dated but that's really secondary for us.
My only minor issue with the hotel is their wifi is terrible. It doesn't work at all, even in the lobby. The lady at reception told us they had to upgrade their system. Not a big deal for us but if you absolutely need an Internet connection to book something or whatnot, it could be a problem.
- Also Known As:
- Distinction Luxmore Te Anau
- Hotel Distinction Luxmore
- Distinction Luxmore Hotel Te Anau, Fiordland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the town, Distinction Luxmore is a popular choice with both visitors and locals alike. Basing yourself in Te Anau enables you to explore the Fiordland World Heritage National Park and staying at Distinction Luxmore ensures your experience will be enjoyable. Distinction Luxmore has 180 rooms consisting of Standard, Superior & Deluxe rooms and suites. The hotel is Qualmark rated 4 star and offers three on site Restaurants and Bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Distinction Luxmore Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.