My stay at the Distinction Luxmore was a very nice stay - nothing was superb or impressive but nothing was lacking or problematic either. The location of the hotel is great - within walking distance of all of Te Anau and a good distance drive from Milford Sound. The hotel is quiet, although I expect that is because the town of Te Anau is quiet as well, and the staff are pleasant. It is nice they offer free wifi (I found out not all hotels in New Zealand do) but I had a very hard time getting it to work and it is only available in the lobby area. I don't understand why hotels cannot offer wifi in the rooms! It is strange to me as this seems to be the norm in North America. Overall I cannot complain about my stay and found it enjoyable and central to what I wanted to do and see in Te Anau.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the town, Distinction Luxmore is a popular choice with both visitors and locals alike. Basing yourself in Te Anau enables you to explore the Fiordland World Heritage National Park and staying at Distinction Luxmore ensures your experience will be enjoyable. Distinction Luxmore has 180 rooms consisting of Standard, Superior & Deluxe rooms and suites. The hotel is Qualmark rated 4 star and offers three on site Restaurants and Bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Distinction Luxmore Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Distinction Luxmore Te Anau
- Hotel Distinction Luxmore
- Distinction Luxmore Hotel Te Anau, Fiordland National Park