I stayed here in Te Anau as it's the best base to do a day-trip to Milford Sound. I also managed to fit in the glow worm caves close to town on the same day.
This YHA is perfectly situated in a quiet street close to the centre of the village and the lakefront. All of the communal areas and facilities are clean and functional, the staff were friendly and I found the 6-bed dorm to be comfortable and spacious enough for 6.
OK, they do have the dreaded bunk beds but somehow I was able to get a bottom bunk despite being the last to check-in. That said, the bed was comfortable enough for a good night's sleep.
I would happily recommend this hostel as a good option if staying in Te Anau, which is a pretty little village with some good bars & restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the edge of the Fiordland National Park, YHA Te Anau is the perfect location to access some of the world famous New Zealand tramps. This Qualmark 4+ star rated hostel will impress you with its homely atmosphere and cosy accommodation just a block from the shores of Lake Te Anau. Our lounge has a fireplace and offers plenty of couch space to sink into with a book or while watching one of our free movies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, HostelBookers, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your YHA Te Anau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yha Te Anau Hotel Te Anau
- YHA Te Anau Fiordland National Park