“Appalling Service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Fat Duck

Fat Duck
124 Town Center Te Anau | Southland District, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park, New Zealand
03-249 8480
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Invercargill, New Zealand
“Appalling Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We tried to have brunch here. When we were seated the waitress (might have been the manager, she seemed to be ordering the staff round) said there would be "a bit of a wait" for food. Fair enough but I wasn't expecting to wait 20 minutes for coffee and an hour for the food. When I complained she decided to argue with me about what she had said and why was I complaining as it was Easter. Don't think I've ever met such an attitude particularly as they proposed to charge a surcharge for the public holiday! I offered to pay for the coffee we had drunk and told her to forget about the food. Not impressed.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
leanne w, Owner at Fat Duck, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Im so sorry that you had a bad experience , we were trying our best on a very busy day !!!

We pride ourselves in making sure everyone has a great experience , we would love to send you a voucher for 2 for breakfast , please email your address to
leannewilletts@rocketmail.com .

I'm sure you won't be disappointed .

Thanks
leanne

Chester, United Kingdom
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Not much atmosphere here. The staff are efficient but not much conversation. Food good but more pricey than other places.

Visited March 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
“great time great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

So after being rained out of Milford sound we decided to stay in town. There wasnt alot to do but from asking around town we were told to try the Fat Duck.
So from being greeted and shown to our table was a great start. A well mannered and friendly waitress from wales took our order and made us feel welcome.
The food was amazing and a great selection of drinks.
GREAT value for money and well recomended place to come and enjoy Te Anau.

Thankyou so much

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Richmond, Virginia
“Great place to Relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Recently I was stuck in Te Anau with the Milford Road being closed due to weather. After getting to Te Anau Downs and finding that out I spent probably 7 hours in the restaurant throughout the day. I have eggs Benedict which was the right size for a hearty breakfast with a very strong Long Black. With the location and size of Te Anau I enjoyed a stroll along the lake front before returning for lunch where I grabbed a plate of Chicken dippers and a cold beer. Found out that they offer free WiFi for customers and surfed the internet for a while. Enjoyed the restaurant so much, that for dinner I brought three of my friends that were in town and we all enjoyed out time. Service is absolutely amazing the girls make you feel at home and are very helpful. Would recommend this place to everyone!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sydney, Australia
“Great breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The service is fast, wifi is free, and yes, the food is great too.

We had breakfast here, and the portions were so large that we didn't need to eat lunch later. Worked out well for us because we were driving around for the rest of the day! But yes, if you are dieting, you better watch out.

Their bacon is probably the best in town. Good thing they serve it with many of the dishes.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere