I see Bill T chose to review the things which they don't have at the Stewart Island Lodge, but whatever it used to be like, this really is a wonderful place to get away from it all. The lodge is clean, comfortable and welcoming. The views and the surroundings are unbeatable. The manager (Lisa) arranged everything including free transfers to and from the ferry and booking a guided wildlife tour for us. OK, they no longer have gourmet catering (I guess not enough people were willing to pay for it) but there's a great pub and restaurant not ten minutes' walk down the road. There's facilities to make tea and coffee day and night, a comfortable lounge with a view over the bay and a chance to meet other guests and there was a perfect continental breakfast. We'll be back!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stewart Island Lodge is New Zealand's southernmost lodge. With expansive views out to sea and over Halfmoon Bay the lodge is ideally situated just a five minute walk from the village. Its gardens are home to many native birds, including kaka (native parrots), which may be viewed from the terrace. In late 2013 Stewart Island Lodge appointed a new host/attendant and refurbished the rooms. Stewart Island Lodge provides a stunning setting and a well-appointed place to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Stewart Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stewart Island Hotel Stewart Island
- Stewart Island Lodge South Island