“Trust the Chef” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 189 Restaurants in Queenstown
Gold Coast
“Trust the Chef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

The trust the chef menu is great. Try the $100 a head menu and they match e wine for you. Four courses and great food. Great service as well.

Visited October 2011

Tampa
“A wonderful experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Suggested by the owners of the cottage we rented for the week. Chef's menu and the meal was wonderful! Even with a bottle of nice wine cost was very acceptable. Limited seating so make reservations in advance.

• Visited November 2010
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Am surprised at the mixed reviews - this place is amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I have dined at Amisfield annually now for about 5 or 6 years and have always had a stunning experience. I am really surprised that anyone has rated this place as 'average' because it is anything but.

I think the 'Trust the Chef' is a great experience, particularly done over lunchtime in such stunning surrounds. We dined as a group of three and were all thrilled with everything served. I also ordered the grilled haloumi as an extra as I think this is something special.

It's worth saving some room for desert - the pressed chocolate tart was nothing short of sublime - diet be damned!!

My only tiny grumble is that the restaurant often alternates the main in the "trust the chef' and it would be nice to give customers the choice or ask them if they have a preference. This is only because I found myself a little jealous when the table beside us (doing 'trust the chef' also) received pork belly which I adore!! Our alternative was divine so this isn't a complaint.

I think this is one of the best South Island dining options and will go out of my way to dine here when given any opportunity. The setting suits both family groups (although have never seen kids here), and couples.

o.k, thinking about Amisfield has made me hungry so I'm going to stop writing here. Stop reading other reviews, pick up the phone and make your reservation. Don't forget the pressed chocolate tart.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tauranga, New Zealand
“Absolutely stunning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

My friends and I travelled here today and fell in love with the cheese & wine!! We would recommend the Amisfield Pinot Noir 2008.... stunning...... best wine we have EVER tasted!
Beautiful scenery and excellent service... can't get any better that this! :-)

Visited October 2011
australia
“Nice food but not value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011 via mobile

Nice atmosphere. Did a wine tasting with a helpful lady.
Nice food but not exceptional.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere