Firstly, we got ripped off by booking this place at full price in January because there was a half-price sign up when we pulled into the driveway last week. My husband accidently clicked the pay button twice on their website in early April & is still waiting for his credit card to be refunded.
The TV didn't work so we were moved next door, the oven was dirty & we changed our own lightbulb in one of the rooms rather than go back down to reception. If I remember correctly, we also had to take our rubbish away with us & wash the dishes or be charged extra.
Using the shower got water EVERYWHERE as there was no shower screen & the smell of bleach in the spa bath was so overpowering that we had to get out after 10 minutes & I ended up with a rash. The beds were awfully hard & unless you like a hard bed, this alone should be enough to keep you away.
Go somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern, clean apartments on the shores of Lake Wakatipu; all have fantastic mountain and lake views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Alpine Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpine Village Hotel Queenstown
- Breakfree Alpine Village Hotel
- Breakfree Alpine Village Queenstown