Just had the absolute pleasure of spending 5 nights at this wonderful hotel.
From the moment you step into the hotel you feel completely welcome and this is a credit to the wonderful staff throughout the hotel. The staff make you feel as though you are staying in a small luxury b & b not a hotel.
We stayed on the 6th floor and had lovely views of the cable car and the surrounding mountains. The room was fantastic, on the large size with a gorgeous bathroom, illy coffee machine, bose stereo that the tv runs through, ipod doc, all the mod cons you need. The rooms were so quiet we never heard anyone or anything in the corridor.
Our rate gave us wifi daily which was great, breakfast downstairs at the beautifully appointed cafe and was simply delicious, espresso style coffee, eggs cooked to order, all the usual hot choices, yoghurts, smoothies, smoked salmon, you name it, they had it! By the 2nd day the staff in the cafe knew our coffee choice and the way we liked our eggs, exceptional service.
The location is second to none just a 2 minute walk to the heart of the town, making it really easy to walk to all the fantastic restaurants Queenstown has to offer.
We loved the hotel and would highly recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a new level of sophistication at Sofitel Queenstown Hotel and Spa recently awarded only Qualmark Exclusive Hotel. Inspired by the charms of Paris and the charisma of Queenstown hospitality, be mesmerized by its tasteful combination of French antique chic and local avant-garde design. Centrally located and providing exceptional personal service the hotel truly embodies the Sofitel concept ‘art de vivre’ – the art of living. The lobby and lounge flow into a resplendent reception enclave, invoking the panache of Paris and warm hospitality inherent to any Queenstown stay. Elegantly appointed rooms and suites feature comforts such as Sofitel’s sumptuous 'MyBed', double spa bath and separate walk-in rain shower. Modern surround sound LCD TV/DVD players entertain in bedroom and bathroom, a pillow menu and plush New Zealand possum throws add yet another fine touch. Hotel facilities include signature restaurant, Vie, an intimate Nue Lounge and the luxurious Left Bank Café – part French kitchen, part tea room – open for breakfast and lunch in charming Paris fashion. The ‘piece de resistance’ is LeSpa, a relaxing haven where mind, body and spirit unite. Using French and New Zealand products, LeSpa’s lavish treatments, which include a traditional Maori rituals and Hammam steam room, place strong emphasis on balance, well being and regeneration. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Queenstown Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Queenstown Hotel And Spa
- Sofitel Queenstown Hotel Queenstown
- Queenstown Sofitel