I chose the Sofitel partly for its location and partly for that bed. I paid a bit more for this funky suite but it was so worth it!
The highlight of my stay however was the superb service. I was most impressed to find the General Manager Vincent Macquet personally assisting staff and visitors as part of his daily routine. His outstanding service has obviously inspired the entire staff of the Sofitel.
It is rare to find service delivered from the heart. I certainly appreciated the difference. There were too many helpful staff especially in Reception to list!
Breakfast at the Left Bank Cafe was a really lovely start to my day. Nara was wonderful at knowing exactly how I liked my morning coffee.
The room was oh so spacious with all amenities and 7 windows. The spa bath even had a TV! The coffee machine actually made fab coffee.
My room and bathroom were well furnished with modern decor and were spotless.
I have stayed at a number of 5 and 6 star hotels over the past 15/20 years but none would top the exception service of the Sofitel Queenstown. Bravo!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a new level of sophistication at Sofitel Queenstown Hotel and Spa recently awarded only Qualmark Exclusive Hotel. Inspired by the charms of Paris and the charisma of Queenstown hospitality, be mesmerized by its tasteful combination of French antique chic and local avant-garde design. Centrally located and providing exceptional personal service the hotel truly embodies the Sofitel concept ‘art de vivre’ – the art of living. The lobby and lounge flow into a resplendent reception enclave, invoking the panache of Paris and warm hospitality inherent to any Queenstown stay. Elegantly appointed rooms and suites feature comforts such as Sofitel’s sumptuous 'MyBed', double spa bath and separate walk-in rain shower. Modern surround sound LCD TV/DVD players entertain in bedroom and bathroom, a pillow menu and plush New Zealand possum throws add yet another fine touch. Hotel facilities include signature restaurant, Vie, an intimate Nue Lounge and the luxurious Left Bank Café – part French kitchen, part tea room – open for breakfast and lunch in charming Paris fashion. The ‘piece de resistance’ is LeSpa, a relaxing haven where mind, body and spirit unite. Using French and New Zealand products, LeSpa’s lavish treatments, which include a traditional Maori rituals and Hammam steam room, place strong emphasis on balance, well being and regeneration. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Queenstown Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Queenstown Hotel And Spa
- Sofitel Queenstown Hotel Queenstown
- Queenstown Sofitel