The friendly staff gave me some great tips for places to eat and check out around town. The location was good (if you don't mind a bit of a steep walk) and the view was great. Decent price and the room was nice. So, despite the fire alarm going off a couple of times at inopportune times (read very early in the morning), I'd highly recommend it.
- Also Known As:
- Hippo Lodge Backpackers Hotel
- Hippo Lodge Backpackers Hotel Queenstown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden away on Queenstown hill our elevated site offers stunning lake and mountain views over Queenstown- and just minutes away from town, bars and food! Our backpacker hostel caters for travellers looking for a relaxing experience. We are the warmest, cosiest and friendliest hostel around. Comfy beds are made up with fresh linen in centrally heated rooms to keep you toasty. Facilities include an outside barbeque area, 24hr internet, cheap wireless (FREE wifi voucher upon checkin), dvds, and coin-op laundry. Tramping? Use our secure storage area for your excess stuff. Winter sports? Use our locked drying room for your gear and our centrally heated rooms to warm your toes after a day off piste! Enjoy making new friends over a hot cup of free tea or coffee. We are family friendly and wheelchair accessible. We are Queenstown’s best kept secret! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Hippo Lodge Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.