I stayed in a studio suite with a couple of family members and we found the place to be comfortable.
The studio was large enough for the three of us and there were heaters in the main room, the washroom and even heat pads in the bedding, which is important during Queenstown's winter season. Our studio kitchen consisted of a microwave, small fridge, two-burner stovetop and all the amenities needed in the cupboards. Atop the tv set, there's a stereo which also doubles as a dvd player. The spa is available for 30-min time blocks and you have to book it in advance at reception. As well, there's a computer with free internet access available in the lobby.
If you cut through the gardens, it's about a 10-minute walk to the edge of the town. A bit steep on the way back, but not too bad. The traffic noise on Frankton is constantly loud, so depending on what type of room you have, i'd recommend requesting a room as far from the main street as possible.
The best I can describe the staff at Garden Court is cordial. They were polite and answered any questions, but I didn't find them wanting to be of more assistance, or willing to be more helpful. There are a lot of activiity brochures in the hotel's lobby, and they say that they can do your bookings, but I chose to do my bookings with the friendly folk in the town's Visitors Centre.
Regardless, the staff's general indifference would not stop me from staying here again, as it is a pretty good value for accomodation in Queenstown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Garden Court Queenstown Apartments. Widely regarded as Queenstown's finest luxury accommodation. Choose from our one, two or three bedroom luxury apartments at Queenstown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Garden Court Suites & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Court Suites & Apartments Hotel Queenstown
- Garden Court Suites And Apartments