“Great value family accomodation” 4 of 5 stars

You added Garden Court Suites & Apartments to your Saves list
Garden Court Suites & Apartments
4.5 of 5 Condominium   |   41 Frankton Road, Queenstown 9197, New Zealand   |
Auckland, New Zealand
“Great value family accomodation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

The Hotel is more self contained apartments with full self catering facilaties available. We had a two bedroom garden suite that had 3 sleeping areas (including sofa bed in lounge). It was of a very good size and very well equipped with 3 tv's 2 toilets, even a dish washer. Never felt cramped and room was serviced every day. Everything very modern and of good quality. Free parking close to room and a 2 minute walk to the lake or 10 minutes max to central Queenstown. Had no issues booking in or checking out, staff polite and not intrusive. Room serviced every day.
Value for money superb with similar accomodation options far further from central Queenstown. On that note Queenstown is a superb little town with a huge variety of things to do. All very high standard and very clean.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Tauranga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Acting on a colleague's advice I have spent 5 nights staying in one of their 1-bedroomed rooms.
Very well built, solid and quiet, with all the extras you could want eg washing machine, drier, stereo, balcony overlooking the lake and Walter Peak and good cooking facilities. Only ate out one night.

Very comfortable bed. Good value for money.

I did note that they did not have AC in the room, but other reviewers atlk about AC. Might may to check. I don't think this will be a problem as summer breezes will easily cool the room and the heating was good.

Room Tip: I asked for a room overlooking the lake. I think these would be the quietest, but I think that all b...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Nice & tidy and everything you need for a short or long stay.
Excellent rate when split between for friends, lovely and safe meander via the gardens into town
Beautiful gardens surround units - lovely flora & enhanced privacy without feeling hemmed in.
Excellent facilities in 2 bedroom unit.
Would stay again with either friends or family

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
GCManager, Manager at Garden Court Suites & Apartments, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
So glad you enjoyed your stay in our Two Bedroom Courtyard Apartment.

The gardens are absolutely beautiful at this time of the year... a riot of colours and fragrance! :)
Full credit to our Gardener Barbara!!!

Thank you so much for your lovely comments.

Take Care

Sheena
S.EAST
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The Suites and Apartments are very clean and modern, and have great facilities which are perfect for people on longer trips who are sick of eating in restaurants! The reception staff are great and breakfast was very nice, with a large selection of continental options. My only comment is that it is a 5 minute walk from town, and if you are only in Queenstown for a few nights, you may prefer to be on the main street so you can have instant access to the main part of the lake.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment in September. The apartment had kitchen and laundry facilities and wifi was available for $1 (the cheapest we found out of all of the places we stayed in NZ). We found the location fantastic, only being a 5 min walk through the park to the center of town and easy to be picked up by tour buses directly across the road. All staff that we met were helpful, always suggesting activities to do while we were in Queenstown! Also we were very grateful for the staff who held onto our mobile phone which we left behind and posted it home to us in Australia! We are looking forward to staying here again next time we visit NZ!

• Stayed September 2012
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The standard studio room was quite large and spacious. The layout was not optimal. The fridge, kettle, toaster and microwave were tucked into a closet and cramped. But it was good value for money. Some views were pretty. There were a lot of steps in getting from the car park to the room. Some noise from road traffic in the early morning. Washing of cups and dishes had to be done in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the main road would be better. Rooms closer to the carpark had kitchen sinks and app...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for your comments.

The room type that you stayed in is called our Standard Studio and yes, they are very good value for money.

The main positives of this room type is that it is a great low cost option that is handy to town... the negatives of this room is that it is by the road and the views are limited.

But we make no secret of this fact... we made the decision some time ago when describing this room to state the obvious so that there is no "surprise" on arrival.

Personally, I think these are a great room... they are large and comfortable with lovely brand new bathrooms. Yes, the tea and coffee area is small, and yes the bathroom sink is where you would wash your cups etc... but this is like any standard hotel room.

In your tips you note that the rooms closer to the car park area had kitchen sinks and a better lay out.... these rooms are our Studio Suites and they do have a kitchenette.

We really appreciate your comments and hope you have lovely memories of your time in Queenstown.

Take Care

Sheena
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

No complaints to begin with for my stay at Garden Court Suites. Stunning view over the lake and mountains in a great location, and an easy 5 minute walk into town. Cleaning staff started their day at a very inconvient time of 3pm, resullting in my suite not being attended to throughout my entire stay. Upon my return back to Melbourne, I realised I had left my camera set in the kitchen of my suite, still plugged into the wall. I contacted them several times and was told I would receive a call back, which never happened. They simply said it was not found. A disppointing end to my stay in beautiful Queenstown.

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the lake and mountains. I would share a photo of the superb view...if I could.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
GCManager, Manager at Garden Court Suites & Apartments, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Hello Zoe N.

Thank you for posting your comments.

I am very sorry but no camera was found on the property and this was relayed to you and also your friend based in Queenstown.

In matters like this we recommend filing a police report as this means the matter can be dealt with fairly and thoroughly and can also assist you in any future insurance claims.

As Manager I take issues like this seriously, but I also have trust in the integrity of my staff. They are the backbone of the business. The items lost were looked for and were not found.

As a matter of interest we have a very strict lost property procedure. Items found in rooms are bagged with the date found and room number. They are then logged as lost property and stored for a period of 3 months. Valuable items are stored securely. If we have contact details we alert the guest and arrange for return of the items involved.

In regards to the daily servicing of your room, this can be late on days when we are very busy. As a matter of course we aim to do all arriving rooms first as our check in time is 2pm and they need to be ready for this time. We then do the daily services. I am sorry that this interfered with your day, but I must stress that if we were made aware that there was an issue during your stay we would certainly have made sure that your room was serviced earlier.

I would like to stress that I can be contacted directly if you have any questions or concerns at all times and I would be of course happy to talk to you directly in regards to your camera. I am so sorry that we were not able to find and return it to you as I know that it probably contained many happy memories and to lose them must be heartbreaking.

Regards
Sheena Salter
Manager

Been to Garden Court Suites & Apartments? Share your experiences!