“The best in qtwn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tanoa Aspen Hotel Queenstown

You added Tanoa Aspen Hotel Queenstown to your Saves list
Tanoa Aspen Hotel Queenstown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   139 Fernhill Road | PO Box 260, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand   |
Ranked #42 of 58 Hotels in Queenstown
auckland
“The best in qtwn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at tanoa twice, once in 2009 and once just last month. One of my friends from india visited from india and i reffered him to the same place again. Its the best in qtwn in that price range. Along with the beautiful lake views and comfortabke rooms, they offer the best customer service i ever received. You have kids and you want them to warm the milk, they will do that even middle of the night with a big smile.

I am not going to try any other hotels in qtwn for sure.

• Stayed September 2013
Richard0912, General Manager at Tanoa Aspen Hotel Queenstown, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear gurjeetsekhon

Thank you for your lovely review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you refer us to your friends! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Richard Crouch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Helsinki, Finlandia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Extremely helpfull staff, beautifull room with great (!) bed and view to the lake, spacious and modern bathroom. It was cold outside but the room was warm. I appreciate that a lott. When you step into this hotel you can feel the cosy atmosphere with fireplace ...Located on the top of the hill but buss goes every 30 minutes (4.50 NZD return if you show your hotel card) so location was not a problem at all. Perfect place to relax after long day. I was very satisfied to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Richard0912, General Manager at Tanoa Aspen Hotel Queenstown, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear 825Niina

Thank you for your lovely review. We strive to ensure our guests are welcome and comfortable when staying with us and I am please you felt so at home here.
Happy travels

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed in one of the apartments which are privately owned but managed by the hotel. The apartment was comfortable and clean and the staff serviced daily; perfect for families. The reception, bar and restaurant staff were very friendly and accommodating. They were the reason that we'd come back. The view from the restaurant and balcony are amazing and it worth having a pre-dinner drink there to appreciate it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Gail G

Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased you and your family enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you back again one day soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Great place to stay just out of Queenstown CBD. It was an amazing place with such great views. I wouldve loved to seen it in the middle of winter. The food at the restaurant was average but cheap. The beds were great and the hotel it self was amazingly set out. The bus ride into town was only 3 dollars.
Would stay there again if ever going back to QT

Room Tip: Try to get rooms facing the lake.. AMAZING VIEWS!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Tim P

Thank you very much for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again!

Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed here with a tour group so that was probably why the room I stayed in doesn't look as nice as the ones in the photos. Was in a three single bed room - the beds basically collapsed, and housekeeping would switch the blanket/bedding situation every day so that we had blankets moved from bed to bed and even taken away so that one night one girl only had a sheet and no extra blanket (just leave them in the room yeah?). The location is okay. At least the taxi to town is only $12, and there is a bus that comes on a regular basis, but it's one of those minor inconveniences. The views are spectacular, and we spent a lot of time in their lobby/bar/restaurant area which is awesome, with a reasonably menu and prices. Front desk staff were friendly, but some of the bar/restaurant staff were really rude, either making us wait for no apparent reason or not letting us sit in certain areas. The shower was also completely disgusting. The water doesn't drain properly so even after one minute in the shower you are basically standing in your own dirty water. Just ugh. All in all, I probably wouldn't stay there again, but I guess booking with a tour means we get the short straw in regards to room/service quality at hotels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Steph H

Thank you for your review. I am sorry there were elements of your stay that did not meet your (or my) expectations. I have raised your points with the respective teams to ensure these are rectified. Please accept my apologies.
The Courtyard rooms you stayed in are a good solid 3 star room with new flat screen TVs, a fresh coat of paint and new bathrooms. These rooms are accurately represented on our website. I am disappointed to hear of the drainage issues in your shower as this should not be the case with new showers.
It is disappointing that you did not enjoy your stay as much as we would have hoped. You will note the very positive reviews we have received in the past 6-12 months so I can assure you this is not the norm!

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the tanoa aspen for 6 nights over the ski season, whilst a little out past Queenstown this is a great hotel for anyone who isn't concerned about being in in central Queenstown as it is a short and cheap bus ride away.

I stayed in one of the recently refurbished lake view room which were gorgeous. Modern and lovely presented rooms which had adequate storage for me to spread out and enough room for all of my ski equipment. The only qualm I had was that the shower flooded and the king size bed that was two beds pushed together were of different heights so very uncomfortable to spread out and sleep in the middle of the bed. The walls were very thin and noise might be an issue for light sleepers

The restaurant staff were friendly and efficient, though there were quite a few times that the front desk was unattended.

Definitely will be back next ski season!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Brissy_Loutravels

Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased you found most aspects of your stay with us enjoyable. I have spoken to my Department Heads in relation to the shower and the reception and I am confident you will see these improvements when you next stay with us.

Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Easily one of the best hotel experiences I've had in many years of hotel travel. I booked three Lake View rooms for ourselves and a couple of friends for a birthday weekend. I was expecting that they'd be kind-of average, considering the great price I paid. When we checked in, the guy at the desk said that we weren't quite getting Lake View rooms, but he would give us all free breakfasts to make up for it. I'm not sure if he was joking or what, because we certainly had lake views! Our room was on the corner of the building so it had excellent views out of huge windows of two adjoining sides - a truly amazing room to have. Further, it was well-sized with an excellent bathroom complete with a lovely, deep bath. The room was also well-equipped with the usual mod-cons. We had such a great time out in Queenstown, that I think only one of us made it to breakfast :) Thanks a million Tanoa Aspen, for your excellent hotel rooms, facilities and fantastic staff :) We will be back.

Room Tip: Just ask for the one with the best view I suppose :)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Richard0912, General Manager at Tanoa Aspen Hotel Queenstown, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear scarce_nz

Thank you very much for your glowing review. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

I have shared your comments with my team and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Richard Crouch

Been to Tanoa Aspen Hotel Queenstown? Share your experiences!