“Beautiful Spot, Great Wedding Venue” 5 of 5 stars

Trelawn Place
35 Watties Track | Arthurs Point, Queenstown 9348, New Zealand   |
Ranked #27 of 43 Queenstown B&B and Inns
Thailand
“Beautiful Spot, Great Wedding Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

In Queenstown for my sister's wedding, I knew she'd found a winner when we arrived there the day before for the practice run. A breath-taking location not far out of town overlooking the river and backed by mountains and forest, it is truly a stunning venue to host a wedding.

The gardens are meticulously maintained and we found the owners very helpful with the preparations. The wedding went off without a hitch and was a beautiful evening that our friends and family will find hard to forget. We stayed overnight, and while our room was a bit flowery for my taste it certainly suited the the rest of the place very nicely in a ye'olde English kind of way.

Breakfast the next morning was a very social affair around a big table with a great fry up compliments of Nery. You could spend hours in the peaceful garden but unfortunately we had to leave. Our thanks to Michael & Nery, gracious hosts you were, and a lovely place you have.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

I stayed 3 days in Trelawn in April 2011. This is the best B&B in my 10 days' New Zealand trip.

It's located in a quiet area and only 4KM away from the downtown.

The garden is definitely the highlight of Trelawn. It's so beautiful. If you have seen the pictures at website, believe me, it's more beautiful than pictures.
I chose the Cherry Tree House. It's a cozy single house. You can see lots of tasteful decoration. Even the plates in the kitchen looks so nice. It's not a big house but I found eveything I need. What we enjoyed most is the time when we had breakfast in the garden in the sunshine, playing with the 2 cute dogs and 1 cat. BTW, the bed in 2nd floor is very comfortable. What a nice thing to wake up in such a lovely bedroom.

My friends chose the Cottage. In fact I called it Apply tree house coz there are so many apply trees beside their cottage. It's wonderful house too.

Michael and Nery are great guests. Michael showed me around the house and introduced how he and his family built and maintain Trelawn. Please don't forget to ask him to share with you the photo album.

If you plan your stay in Trelwan, please book at least 2 nights, otherwise, you will regret.

Last but not least, Michael and Nery, thank you for your walm welcome! I miss you and Trelawn! Please email me when you come to Shanghai one day.

Grace and Eric, from Shanghai, China.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Queenstown, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

We booked Trelawn place out for 2 days for our wedding in February. Such a beautiful location. Stunning beyond words. Michael and Nery were kind and helpful hosts who made the effort to make our day and stay special. Our family will talk about their stay at Trelawn for years to come. The cooked breakfast was awesome too. Thanks very much.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Coffs Harbour
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

I can't put into words enough wonderful things about this tranquil place. The owners are fantastic people made us feel very welcome on our arrival and during our 10 day stay we got to know them very well and will certainly keep in touch and return there for another holiday. Thank you for making our time there so enjoyable. They are very knowledgeable about the worthwhile atttractions and put us on the right track for what to do and see.
The location is out of this world, so peaceful and quiet and the night sky was just ablaze with stars. We stayed in the apartment, it was so cosy with its own kitchenette, it gave us the option of making our own dinner or breakfast if we felt like doing so. The ambience is outstanding and I slept like a log every night..
The grounds are beautiful, lovingly cared for by the owners, and the touch of fresh flowers in your room was appreciated. There are apple trees laden with fruit and it was certainly an experience to walk outside your door and pick an apple...yummo.
It is hard to descibe just how wonderful our time at Trelawn Place was and I must say the people who wrote the negative words must have been staying at an entirely different place to us as we found none of the problems they say they encountered so I am pleased I did not take their review seriously or I would have missed out on this beautiful experience.................

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

We were here for a wedding & my brother hired the venue & bed & breakfast cottages for the family but in the morning, no one got any breakfast or no apology as to why we weren't fed. In the honeymooners suite, the shower didnt work at all. In another room there was rabbit guts on the floor.In the third room the tap dripped all night making it very difficult to sleep & my Mum said it wasnt very clean including wondering if the sheets had even been changed. Read on, it gets worse!
We arrived on the day to the owner sitting in a chair giving dirty looks. then we tried to find her as there was dog poo in between chairs the guests were sitting in, she was no where to be found so my brother had to pick it up while in his suit.
A month before the wedding they were told they could not have a band or DJ, why not tell them a year ago when they booked? this is a wedding, of course they wanted proper music & would not have booked this place if they had known.
They were also told there was a marquee provided, but when needed as it was raining, it was full of holes so my brother had to pay a lot of money to hire one. Did I also mention the owners said they would help set up the tables & get things ready as well as packing things up the next day? they did absolutely nothing to help.
Then at around 10pm the female owner started pouring out guests drinks & staring at everyone making a cutting gesture across her throat to make them turn off the pathetic stereo they were only allowed to use (which you could hardly hear anyway) after that the owners kept turning off the stereo, they also turned of the power at one stage so we were in darkness.
To top that off, the male owner walked out in nothing but his knickers in front of the guests to turn the very low music off.
I have to say again, 'this is a wedding, a celebration, of course we wanted to celebrate & the owners really did make it awful for the wedding party & guests that night.

I also have to say the owners committed fraud as charged a credit card without the signature or authority.

Dont go to this place.........BE VERY CAREFUL WITH these people.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Grass Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

I can't say enough about our stay at Trelawn. It was peaceful, beautiful, romantic and exciting. We almost didn't stay there because of a negative review but decided to try it anyway. We are so happy we did, we even extended our stay we enjoyed it so much. We stayed in the Treehouse and it was so charming and comfortable. Our deck overlooked the river where we had a glass of wine every evening. I wanted to do something really speacial this trip since we were celebrating our 25th aniversary. Nery and Michael who own Trelawn, arranged for a helicopter to pick us up right there at Treelawn and take us to Milford Sound. How very special that day was. Every morning we would have a delisious breakfast that Nery cooked and she would ask us what we wanted to do the next day. We would tell her and she would make all the arrangments for us. It was stress free. It was what a vacation should be. Our cottage was clean, the bed comfortable and the jacuzzie hit the spot after a 3hr. horseback ride. We couldn't have had a better time in a better place.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Invercargill, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

I recently attended a wedding here and while I can honestly say that the location was stunning I certainly can not say that about any other aspect of our stay there.

It is obvious that dogs have the run of the house as it took us several days to remove all the dog hair from our clothing

On entering our bedroom I stood on a dead rabbit with it's inards strewn across a mat.

During the wedding reception the female owner came into the marquee and started to remove peoples glasses from the table and totally interferred. This was extremely embrassing for the guests who were upset. She then ordered that the music was to be turned off as it was 11.pm. and she then started arguing with several guests.

In all honesty I cannot recommend that people use this a wedding venue.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to Trelawn Place? Share your experiences!