I stayed at this hotel in 2003, and it was really clean and comfortable. My friend and I only paid for an economy room but they upgraded us to a lake-facing room. Overall a great experience.
I have just come back from staying there in 2010, and although the exterior looks impressive, not a thing had changed inside the rooms. Our booking said one king bed, but we had 2 small doubles instead. The mattresses were old and dipped in the middle so that you rolled into the middle automatically. The bathroom had some mould on the shower wall tiles and the back of the bathroom door was scratched and chipped - nothing a quick coat of paint wouldn't fix! The staff were generally pretty friendly, but on a whole it wasn't a great experience and we won't stay there next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary Multi-story Hotel overlooking Lake Wakatipu, 400 meters from town center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Rydges Lakeland Resort Hotel Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Lakeland Hotel Queenstown
- Rydges Lakeland Queenstown