The view/location is the best thing about this hotel. And it was clean....but oh so tired and shabby. We made the mistake of eating in the Ben Lomond restaurant - waited 45 minutes for our pre-dinner cocktail, the bottle of wine came before the cocktails, by about 5 mins, and then the whole meal, entrees and mains all arrived at the same time. The food quality was fine, and the wait staff were very embarrassed and apologetic, but there seems to be a total disconnect between them, the bar staff and the kitchen. The buffet breakfast was plentiful, and warm (but not hot!!!). The room was stuffy and hot, however you could open the windows and ranch-slider, but then it was noisy from the bar below. Have stayed at Rydges hotels overseas and in New Zealand, but this was the worst Rydges experience for us. Would we stay again, sorry no.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary Multi-story Hotel overlooking Lake Wakatipu, 400 meters from town center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Rydges Lakeland Resort Hotel Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Lakeland Hotel Queenstown
- Rydges Lakeland Queenstown